PDA

View Full Version : PBEM Wanted

CivGeneral
07-01-2004, 03:25
Hi I am CivGeneral,

I have been away from CDZ due since I have left many of my PBEM saves to die :(. Now that this is a new year, I wish to retore my PBEM rep back to a trustworthy level.

I mainly play on Monarch level

Ladder game is optional

Lt. Killer M
07-01-2004, 12:21
CG, we still have a game running! Send me a turn before you ask for new game!!!!! [mad]

CivGeneral
07-01-2004, 13:08
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

CG, we still have a game running! Send me a turn before you ask for new game!!!!! [mad]

I wish to apologise that I have forgotten the password on my game :(. Ill try to recover the password, if not I have already started a map request for our new game.

Melifluous
07-01-2004, 13:15
I can easily recover the password for this if you have lost it...

Wouldn't like to see a good game die...

Or your game for that matter [:p]

Someone send me a save and I'll recover the passwords for you.

Melifluous

ERIKK
07-01-2004, 13:24
It's much easier: type 'admin' and then type your new password when asked for...

(If the admin pw isn't 'admin' then somebody fucked up! [satan])

CivGeneral
07-01-2004, 13:27
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

I can easily recover the password for this if you have lost it...

Wouldn't like to see a good game die...

Or your game for that matter [:p]

Someone send me a save and I'll recover the passwords for you.

Melifluous

Actualy ive checked and the save is lost. Making the Map Request Valid.

Melifluous
07-01-2004, 22:33
quote:Originally posted by CivGeneral

Actualy ive checked and the save is lost. Making the Map Request Valid.

OK,

Cant say I didnt offer, changing your map request now ;)

Melifluous

Arghis
10-01-2004, 14:39
if u want an adversary, i'm yours !

[cool]

ProPain
20-01-2004, 16:47
So CG, you still looking for opponents or can I change this to GAME STARTED

Arghis
20-02-2004, 11:32
CivGenral ! ohé, du bateau ! are u still lurking here ? i'd appreciate to play another ladder game.

waiting to read u.

CivGeneral
29-03-2004, 22:14
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

So CG, you still looking for opponents or can I change this to GAME STARTED

I am still looking for opponents. Though I am limiting myself to one player right now to help repair my reputation.

Beam
29-03-2004, 23:13
quote:I am still looking for opponents. Though I am limiting myself to one player right now to help repair my reputation.

Why are you asking for new PBEM's while you haven't completed on-going ones with ppl waiting for you?

CivGeneral
30-03-2004, 03:26
quote:Originally posted by Beam

quote:I am still looking for opponents. Though I am limiting myself to one player right now to help repair my reputation.

Why are you asking for new PBEM's while you haven't completed on-going ones with ppl waiting for you?

Well, Paalikles and LtKiller have both canceled my PBEM games :(

Lt. Killer M
31-03-2004, 07:55
well, CG, can you guess why?

Arghis: expect CG NOT to play mroe than 20 turns or so, then lose interest.

Make a simple rule: 1 turn a day minimum or so, when he violates this for the thrid time (wihtout valid excuse like hospital stays or so) claim a win for the ladder!

CG: I warned you! [estwing]

Pastorius
31-03-2004, 18:50
I have to agree with Killer on this one. I had given CG his last chance a good while ago, then before I went on a forced holiday that I informed both Killer and CG about (no access to the internet after I moved, as my new dsl connection had to be installed) - I had sent the current turn to CG, and when I checked my mail immediately after the connection was up and running - no save, no email asking when I would return to our game - NOTHING. Given that he has failed to comply with keeping up a decent progression (for me that is more than 5 turns a week right now :p ) I felt I had no choice but to cancel the game.

And do note that I always keep in mind that there might be timezone differences, special circumstances, accidents etc - the same set of valid excuses you all would agree should not count against a person. Heck, if I slack in my beating up Killer, I keep him informed of why, and try to compensate him (though he has always accepted my reasons for not playing).

I think the main deal here is being a decent guy and do your best to fullfill other people's expectations - if you cannot handle it, then dont do it in the first place...