PDA

View Full Version : C3C 1 vs. 1 game desired

Moff Jerjerrod
04-01-2004, 21:43
I'm interested in playing against someone in C3C pbem. Anyone interested in playing a small pangea map with 1 ai player?

I'm available for 1 turn a day GMT -5. Seeking serious gamer who can commit. We can make arrangements for power sessions if possible.

anarres
05-01-2004, 13:56
It's a good idea to state what level you usually play at, to help people decide.

Moff Jerjerrod
06-01-2004, 13:16
quote:Originally posted by anarres

It's a good idea to state what level you usually play at, to help people decide.

Doh! Thanks you're right. I play on Monarch level, not very good though.

Aggie
06-01-2004, 14:57
I'd like to play a monarch pbem, however I prefer more than 1 AI (4 to be exact on a small map)

Moff Jerjerrod
06-01-2004, 20:46
I'd be up for a game with 4 ai civs in it. Shall I make a map request or will one generated from us be ok?

Aggie
06-01-2004, 20:48
What about agreeing on the civ first :) I'd like to try the Mayans, but another civ is also ok (Iroquois...)

EDIT: and other specs

Moff Jerjerrod
07-01-2004, 14:59
Ok, I'd like to play as the Japanese.

Small map, 4 ai civs, (pangea or large continents?), monarch, no barbs or goody huts.

These terms are all negotiable of course. :)

Aggie
07-01-2004, 15:03
pangaea and large continents are both ok, but I don't want to be the Mayans without barbs or goody huts. And I don't know if Iroquois are still expansionist, because if so, then I also don't want to be them! Could you check? I'm at work now [blush]

col
07-01-2004, 15:50
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I don't want to be the Mayans without barbs or goody huts.

Anyone would think you've some experience of this [lol]

Moff Jerjerrod
07-01-2004, 18:17

pangaea and large continents are both ok, but I don't want to be the Mayans without barbs or goody huts. And I don't know if Iroquois are still expansionist, because if so, then I also don't want to be them! Could you check? I'm at work now [blush]

Hi Aggie,

I think the Iroquois are now Religious and Expansionists, not sure though as I'm at work as well. But if you want to play with barbs and huts that's fine with me. So if you want the Mayans then we'll play with barbs and huts. :)

Pastorius
07-01-2004, 19:17
just make em sedentary then Moff, if u dislike barbs...then aggie will have his slaves, and everyone is happy

[shabba]

wonder why I used THAT smiley....hmmm

Aggie
07-01-2004, 21:23
The Iroquois are agricultural and commercial. So I'm OK with 'no barbarians'.

Shall we ask for the following map?

Level: Monarch
Map size: small
map type: Pangaea, wet, warm, 4 billion years
Barbarians: none
4 random AI
Aggie: Iroquois
Moff Jerjerrod: Japanese

Moff Jerjerrod
08-01-2004, 03:48
Aggie:

That sounds good to me. I shall make the map request.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am running C3C as is out of the box. Z.B. without any patch. Is this ok with you? Would this be a problem as far as compatibility is concerned if we are running different revisions? If so I would be willing to patch my game to the same revision as you are running.

Aggie
08-01-2004, 07:11
I like to be patched, because the out of the box has too many bugs. I suggest patch version 1.12 (beta) for now.

EDIT: And I will do the map request!

Moff Jerjerrod
08-01-2004, 14:31
Great [thumbsup]

I will dl the patch and setup install this evening when I get home from work. Thanks for making the map as well!

Aggie
08-01-2004, 14:32
PS my e-mail = agelingw[at]xs4all.nl

Moff Jerjerrod
08-01-2004, 15:14
Thanks,

My email is stepan[at]msn.com

Arghis
10-01-2004, 15:06
Are u still accepting a challenge ? C3C 1 vs 1 is fine for me

Moff Jerjerrod
11-01-2004, 20:39
Hi Arghis,

Well I'm waiting for Aggie to make a map for our game but I would be willing to play a separate game against you if you'd like. Let me know if you're interested and what parameters you would like.

Aggie
11-01-2004, 21:05
Moff, a map was made for our game, but I decided to end all my PBEM's. The map is perfectly useful for another game of course!

Arghis
11-01-2004, 22:47
Hi Moff

it's ok for me. As for parameters, let's say not too big map (small ? not tiny), not too many IA (4 max), diff lvl 4. for civ choice, well, i'd like french.
what else do we need to define ? frequence of play ? once a day ! (more if we have the opportunity)

So if i understand well, someone make the map, and then send to one of us the save game so we can begin ? but we have to discuss this with him in another forum thread ?
i'd appreciate you initiate the manoeuver, cause i'm not sure who and what to ask.

Waiting to read u

quote:Originally posted by Moff Jerjerrod

Hi Arghis,

Well I'm waiting for Aggie to make a map for our game but I would be willing to play a separate game against you if you'd like. Let me know if you're interested and what parameters you would like.

Moff Jerjerrod
12-01-2004, 14:39

Moff, a map was made for our game, but I decided to end all my PBEM's. The map is perfectly useful for another game of course!

Not a problem Aggie, thanks for getting back to me. Thank you for taking the time to generate a map, yes I'd be interested in taking it. Perhaps I can find another who would like to game with me.

Moff Jerjerrod
12-01-2004, 14:46
Arghis:

Your parameters sound good.

Map - Small
Ai civs - 4
Lvl - Monarch?
You pick French
I shall play Chinese
Shall we play Pangea map or Large continents?
I can email once a day, with perhaps more if we find the time.
Do you want barbarians? I like to play without them or goody huts but will play with them if you want them.

Once we finalize the parameters I will open another thread in the map request forum for us and make the map request so don't worry about that. That's usually how it's done here.

Arghis
12-01-2004, 14:52
I prefer large continents, cause it's better for Navy (if we found the use).
i like barbs (medium agressivity) and huts. it adds a bit of diversity and surprise.

once a day is fine.

i wait to see the map thread.

c u later

Arghis
14-01-2004, 17:19
Hi no news for the map ?

Moff Jerjerrod
14-01-2004, 18:24
Hi,

No news yet. I've made a request in the map making forum so let's see what happens.

ProPain
15-01-2004, 13:09
Arghis, I notice you check this thread quite often. FYI: You're added to the ladder.

Arghis
15-01-2004, 13:30
thank you ! i'm really impatient to begin playing with people here. i'm bored of playing against stupid / cheating IA, and have no enough time to play Online MP (i've tried, but most of the games consist of rushing wars)

Moff Jerjerrod
20-01-2004, 14:44
Hello Arghis.

I'm not sure if you've seen my map request for our game in the map making forum. Still waiting for them to generate a fair map. I'm losing patience with this site as another of my PBEM games here is in limbo.

Would you be open to me generating a map for us so we can start?

Skyfish
20-01-2004, 15:32
Moff please check here : http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1349

ProPain
20-01-2004, 15:44

Hello Arghis.
I'm losing patience with this site as another of my PBEM games here is in limbo.

If you're referring to the game where Killer is taking Aggies place. Killer caught the flu and wasn't able to get on the net last week and tell us his games where delayed. Combined with the map you hit a stroke of bad luck as killer is very dedicated. He finished 2nd place in the 'most games finished' ranking last year.

Also our mapmakers are known for their well balanced map and fast action, your request is an exception to the usual. I'll [estwing] Sky for this and I hope you both stick around on CDZ.

PP

Moff Jerjerrod
20-01-2004, 15:44
Hi Skyfish,

Thanks for the explanation. I checked the thread but didn't see anything there. This is weird.

Moff Jerjerrod
20-01-2004, 15:47
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Hello Arghis.
I'm losing patience with this site as another of my PBEM games here is in limbo.

If you're referring to the game where Killer is taking Aggies place. Killer caught the flu and wasn't able to get on the net last week and tell us his games where delayed. Combined with the map you hit a stroke of bad luck as killer is very dedicated. He finished 2nd place in the 'most games finished' ranking last year.

Also our mapmakers are known for their well balanced map and fast action, your request is an exception to the usual. I'll [estwing] Sky for this and I hope you both stick around on CDZ.

PP

Thanks for the kind words ProPain! Now I really do feel bad about being impatient. [blush2]

Despite the stroke of bad luck I've been having I do intend to stick around. This is a great site and I like what the community is trying to do here.

Aggie
20-01-2004, 17:10
Moff, don't feel bad. I should be after letting you down earlier. The situation with Skyfish's save is really...weird. We both are wondering if a mapmaker accidently deleted the post. That COULD have happened by mistake (as mods we have those rights).

Moff Jerjerrod
20-01-2004, 18:32
No problem Aggie I understand. I've downloaded the map now and when I get home later will start.

Arghis:

Are you still out there? Do you have an email address I can send you my turn?

Arghis
20-01-2004, 18:48
Hi ! yes i'm still there. i was waiting ...

i think i've missed the autonotification for post #29. Strange. My personnal mail is bertrand.lhoyez @ inzebox.com (without the blank space).

i wait for your first turn now :-)

Moff Jerjerrod
20-01-2004, 20:32
Very good!

I shall email you tonight when I get home from work. I am in the GMT -5 timezone (in Eastern USA).

Look forward to the game!