PDA

View Full Version : ERIKK vs Beam II - SPOILER -

Beam
02-01-2004, 21:34
We are in the thirties and Sky has prepared something special for us! We can get along with this since a couple of turns ago a Scientific Leader called for duty after discovering Wri. Lit. is being developed now and in less then 20 turns there will be a GL.

I must say that a Sci Leader is shifting balance more than anything else imo. Specially in the early stages.

Skyfish
03-01-2004, 11:06
And what would be this something special please ? [groucho]
[dunno]

Beam
03-01-2004, 13:58
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

And what would be this something special please ? [groucho]
[dunno]

A challenging environment?

Beam
03-01-2004, 17:37
Turn 57: Great Library build! With that in the pocket still looking for all of the AI, only the Dutch and Greek have been located although curraghs have scanned quite some of the map.

Turn 60: Exploration continues, it seems like the Dutch are alone on their island and there is a purpleish border visible to the east. Arabs is best guess. Only tech from the GL now is the Wheel.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200413183113_evb2mmt60comments.jpg
24.59*KB

Turn 63: The Spanish have found the Byz. and have established diplo relations, so their location is known now. It is far E of the most Eastern island in the N known to the Byz. Isabel did some trading with the Dutch, only to learn that this meant a 4-tech gain for Theodora [evil]. Theodora establishes contact with the Indians as well, they have mats, as has Isabel. No trading, the GL will bring it in!

Turn 64: Byzantine scientistists learn the secrets of Philosophy! Because of another flood of techs coming in it is unknown if they were the first but the fact that none of the other known civs know of Phil. makes it very likely we are the first! It must be since none of them have learned the secrets of CoL, the tech selected after the discovery of Phil.

Skyfish
03-01-2004, 21:03
OK did you tell the Spanish that you had built the Great Lib ? because it is customary to give your opponent the Wonder completion messages if you are player #2.

Beam
03-01-2004, 21:27
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

OK did you tell the Spanish that you had built the Great Lib ? because it is customary to give your opponent the Wonder completion messages if you are player #2.

Please check feedback in the Open Thread and Eriks reply. Learning another rule. Could be handy to have these somewhere.

Beam
12-01-2004, 21:55
Long time no updates, so here is one:

Turn 139: Edu and Chem are the next techs to discover, the latter ending the GL. By that time a Dromon is going to trigger the GA in order to have the ability of speed-building Libs and a decent tech pace. Byz. rep is so good that RoP's for AI-cash can be negotiated with almost all AI ;). Salpeter is a rare resource, glad to have one! Dutch are pretty strong and just completed Sistine, another gem in their collection.

Beam
16-01-2004, 21:56
Late 140's: prelude to war, what will that galley do

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2004116215626_timeforwarEvB.jpg
196.85KB

Beam
18-01-2004, 20:59
The war ended with peace and many casualties on both sides. Byz got a MGL from it and being on 1.15 choices are a either an army or an FP somewhere on this shitty island. My thoughts go to an FP on the NE part both giving cultural pressure, increasing the ONC and give overall efficiency. And yes there are a couple of AI on my turf but Byz rep is excellent and apart from one city they are in real shitty terrain. India is nowhere anyway, Dutch are the only to be concerned about.

So, I ask advice: build FP in NE or save for an army?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200411820590_evbzomap.jpg
291.22KB

Kingreno
19-01-2004, 22:36
quote:Originally posted by Beam

So, I ask advice: build FP in NE or save for an army?

I say build the FP by hand in (for example) Nicea. The island is too small to truly benefit from a FP. An army will allow a very potent military punch as well as the Epic!:D

col
19-01-2004, 22:49
I'd go with the army too - 13 cities - you cant be far if at all over the OCN and you arent obviously going to have more cities in the near future. Armies are much more powerful in C3C than they were in PTW. What have you got to put in the army? Save the FP for a conquered core elswhere.

ProPain
19-01-2004, 23:14
An army is nice but remember a full army won't fit in a galley. So if you wanna take it of the island quick you need to keep it 'bitesize' for a galley

Beam
20-01-2004, 19:32
So an army it will be, my second thought as well. Soon the Byz will know about Military Tradition and a Cav. army nicely fits into a Caravel :)

Beam
25-02-2004, 22:24
Turn 206 now: Not a lot has happened, Byz have Electr., Industr., and Nat. now, Spain believed to be a little ahead, most likely researching RP and going for his favorite Inf./Arti trick. More later.

Beam
12-03-2004, 20:37
Erikk and me agreed to cancel this one after almost 220 turns, Erik would have won eventually, most likely many many turns from now. Both of us do not really look forward to that.

ERIKK
12-03-2004, 20:39
yup

this one ends undecided!

anarres
12-03-2004, 20:42
How come you don't want to play? I'm not sure I understand the reasoing...

Beam
12-03-2004, 20:52
We want to PLAY anar, we are completing the request for III now.

ERIKK
12-03-2004, 20:55
Beam did not had any coal and I did not had any rubber both were untradeable. I could not
finish it off fast. I was way ahead and without coal it was hard for Beam. We both did not
want to wait for a diplo vic, which was a bit too much for me considering Beams lack of
coal.