PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup season 1

yndy
29-12-2003, 20:23
We're eight now and it's about time we start the first edition of the CDZ Cup at Hattrick. It's a friendly cup to be played on Wednesdays and you're all invited.

You can find more at http://www.cupmanager.org/cup.php?nCupId=361

To join go to http://www.cupmanager.org/index.php choose join cup and look for CDZ cup. It is scheduled to start on January 7 just to give everybody the time to join. If not we could find some temporary fill ins just to start. See you there.

12 February 2004: The first edition ends with the following results:

<center>http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/200421213423_cdz.jpg
23.78*KB</center>

yndy
02-01-2004, 05:06
Happy New Year !

Hey guys it's Jan 2 and only bootstoots applied. If I don't have more applicants at the end of today, I'll postpone the start date with one week so that me and bootstoots can find another friendly for this week.

Write if you don't want to join also.

ProPain
02-01-2004, 07:13
I'll join and dont have a friendly yet for this week too. Ready to go so to speak!

ProPain
02-01-2004, 07:19
Melifluous
02-01-2004, 10:47
Damn sorry just seen this thread.

I already have a friendly booked [cry]

Could we postpone for a week?

Melifluous

Shabbaman
02-01-2004, 14:12
I've joined, I hope I can cope with the overseas travel fees (since I'm broke) and that I get some backup players to play with...

Bootstoots
02-01-2004, 16:31
Argh, somebody challenged me for a friendly and I didn't see this going anywhere so I accepted. I would appreciate a one week postponement, if possible.

yndy
03-01-2004, 07:13
I have delayed the cup start date with one week.

Registration will close on 7 January.

Meli, I did not see you join, go ahead and sign-up.

Melifluous
03-01-2004, 11:48
Sorry joined now [blush2]

Melifluous

Matrix
03-01-2004, 20:13
I've joined too. ;)

How does it work?

Skyfish
03-01-2004, 23:59
quote:I've joined

I thought you were on training unavailable for 10 weeks !!!! [mad] [mad]

Hĺkon
04-01-2004, 10:00
I can't - am arranging a friendly tournament of my own - next season perhaps?

ProPain
04-01-2004, 12:40
@sky, training involves playing matches which is a very low effort thing. Issue game orders twice a week and done. So don't worry, I'll keep civing!

yndy
04-01-2004, 18:46
I've generated the the cup matches. I tryed to make balanced groups. Check them out.

The matches between a team and a 'Robot' is to be treated as a non game week by the human team involved.

Round 1 (14 January)
Group 1 [ 4675 ] PP SV - Sticla T-veni 1 - 0
Group 1 [ 4676 ] Meli's Manglers - Acorazado Fuerte 3 - 2
Group 2 [ 4681 ] Yellow Boots - Shabba FC 2 - 4
Group 2 [ 4682 ] Robot 2 - FC Strastad 0 - 5

Round 2 ( 21 January 2004 )
Group 1 [ 4677 ] Sticla T-veni - Meli's Manglers 4 - 1
Group 1 [ 4678 ] PP SV - Acorazado Fuerte 1 - 5
Group 2 [ 4683 ] Yellow Boots - FC Strastad 0 - 1
Group 2 [ 4684 ] Shabba FC - Robot 2 5 - 0

Round 3 ( 28 January 2004 )
Group 1 [ 4679 ] Acorazado Fuerte - Sticla T-veni 0 - 5
Group 1 [ 4680 ] Meli's Manglers - PP SV 1 - 2
Group 2 [ 4685 ] Robot 2 - Yellow Boots 0 - 5
Group 2 [ 4686 ] FC Strastad - Shabba FC 5 - 1

Round 4 ( 04 February 2004 )
[ 1064 ] Sticla T-veni : Shabba FC 0 - 3
[ 1065 ] PP SV : FC Strastad 2 - 3

Round 5 ( 11 February 2004 )
[ 1066 ] FC Strastad Shabba FC 2 - 6

Edit1: Made some extra changes so that we all attempt to play 5 matches. These additions are not shown on the cupmanager site but would be useful to sort all the teams.

Round 4
[1067] Meli's Mangler's - Yellow Boots 4 - 2
[1068] Acorazado Fuerte – Robot 2 5 - 0

Round 5

PP SV – Sticla T-veni 0 - 7
Acorazado Fuerte – Meli's Manglers 5 - 4
Robot 2 – Yellow Boots 0 - 5

Edit2: Added Acorazado Fuerte.
Edit3: First Round results added.
Edit4: Second Round results added.
Edit5: Third Round results added and did some switching to balance travel expenses.
Edit6: Final results entered

Schip
05-01-2004, 19:18
Hey you guys.
nice work on the hattrick thread, very useful for a beginner like me. PP mentioned the game to me, so a signed up for a team. Got one last week and going to kick some PP bud this Wednesday. If possible I would like to join in in the CDZ tournement, but I cant find to link to enlist?
Anybody knows what to do?

Thnx, Schip

yndy
06-01-2004, 07:02
Hey Schip, nice to have you around. You must be the first user that registered on this site for Hattrick only and not for Civ3. [cool]

It seems that you cannot follow the normal registering procedure once the matches had been generated. So I need your team ID, your team name and your email and I will replace Robot 1 with you manually.

More about the cup tomorrow but let's see if we can fill the last open spot. FC Cruise maybe?

Schip
06-01-2004, 13:46
Ok, thnx. Indeed I do not play Civ much. After being kicked in the but by Kingreno too much I kind a gave up [blush]

Anyway my team: Acorazado Fuerte (213432)
My e-mail: ---------

c u Schip

MOD ACTION: I deleted your email as a spam prevention measure, schip. It won't be the first time emails get spidered from fora. pp

SECOND MOD ACTION: right on time. I got it a minute ago. yndy

yndy
07-01-2004, 12:30
Please be reminded not to book any friendlies for next week. The international friendlies can be booked starting Thursday 6am CET.

Normally the group matches are to be played under Normal Rules but you get more people to come if you play the game under Cup Rules. I say we play Cup Rules as draws are pretty rare anyway.

Matrix, you are not playing this week unless there's a last minute check in. You can book any friendly.

Melifluous
07-01-2004, 12:46
Thanks for clarifying this Yndy [goodjob]

Also should we assume that teams on the left in the above list are the Home teams and the right are away teams?

Melifluous

Shabbaman
07-01-2004, 13:29
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Also should we assume that teams on the left in the above list are the Home teams and the right are away teams?

[rolleyes]

yndy
07-01-2004, 14:22
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Thanks for clarifying this Yndy [goodjob]

Melifluous

Yes Meli, and yes you're the only one to play two international friendlies at home during the first three rounds.

During next rounds the team with most victories and goal difference will play home.

Cruise
12-01-2004, 19:56
I will join next time,

i was on ski holiday when this idea came up [blush]

yndy
13-01-2004, 09:02
quote:Originally posted by Cruise

I will join next time,

i was on ski holiday when this idea came up [blush]

I wish I had a ski holiday too [aargh]

You could have challanged Matrix as he does not have any friendly for this week. But I saw that you scheduled one so that's not an option.

You could still join from the next round and give Matrix a 5-0 win against you for not showing up this round. It's basically for fun so scores are not that important. Let us know of your decision.

Bootstoots
14-01-2004, 00:22
Shabba should have an easy victory...I'm playing with my B team using an unfamiliar formation (they haven't tried 3-5-2 yet).

Schip
14-01-2004, 01:57
He Mel, congratulations. You lucky bastard. I injured my best player last sunday, which screwed up my tactics. I should have carried the 0-2 home, if I hadn't lined up so much young players. Anyway, that's the drawback to training and friendly's, I think my competition is more important now (shared 1e place). No excuses however, I'll kick your bud next time [estwing]

congrats, Schip

Melifluous
14-01-2004, 10:18
Luck?

HaHa that was skill. I think I'll copy and paste the match report here for other people to read. Also that was my best team and the bad news for me is that my injured striker is now out for 6 WEEKS!! [:o] OMFG! Ho hum time to start training my team in the use of 3-5-2 [rolleyes]

View game: HT Live
Date: 1/13/2004 at 21.00
MatchID: 13671894
Arena: Melis Manglers Arena
Crowd: 603

603 spectators had come to Melis Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Knell, Hornabrook, Alistair, MacLise - Hunt, Verspoor, Greenwood.

Acorazado had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Poffers - Kal, van Haaften, Meessen - Grondman, Geijtenbeek, Hoekstra, van der Tempel, Borgerink - Emin, Berg.

Manglers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Acorazado saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 21st minute allowed Kelvin van der Tempel to score 0 - 1 for Acorazado. In the games 23rd minute Thijs Geijtenbeek nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. In the 24:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Keimpe Berg finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. In the games 27:th minute Manglers´s Joseph MacLise fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Joseph MacLise for taking a dive. Manglers's Ed Knell scored 1 - 2 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. Acorazado came close to extending their lead as Thijs Geijtenbeek delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

After 51 minutes of play Richard Alistair equalised for Manglers after an elegant attack from the right. After 79 minutes Manglerss Steve Hunt had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Oskar Rouvé came in instead of him. Several players now looked tired, especially Frank Kal who quite horribly caused the 3 - 2 goal as he lost the ball to Alan Hornabrook of Manglers, who seemed to have some energy left. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 84 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manglers. However, Jari Poffers made a spectacular save. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 85 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manglers. However, Jari Poffers made a spectacular save. Acorazado appeared unsure on how to play. The home side failed to add to their score as David Spreadbury shot a penalty wide in the 88:th minute. Alan Hornabrook of Manglers received a yellow card in the 88:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Walsh Greenwood. Oskar Rouvé on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Acorazado player was Frank van Haaften. Falko Borgerink was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 2.

And the players stats...

Meli's Manglers
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: weak

Acorazado Fuerte
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: passable

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: weak

Bring on Sticla T-veni ;)

Melifluous

ProPain
14-01-2004, 10:20
After my incredible serie of losses I'm weak in the knees already for tonight.

Hopefully that plane ride and our under construction stadium will tire Yndy's troops.:D

Shabbaman
14-01-2004, 11:13
quote:Originally posted by Bootstoots

Shabba should have an easy victory...I'm playing with my B team using an unfamiliar formation (they haven't tried 3-5-2 yet).

Thanks for the info [evil]
But I haven't won a friendly yet this season... The only good thing about tonight's match is that I have to first team regulars ready for the game... since they both got a red card last match they can't play this weekend anyway [cry]

yndy
14-01-2004, 12:37
Here's a direct link to the cup page.
http://www.cupmanager.org/cup.php?nCupId=361

Also the site is now available in dutch as well.
ProPain, actually I have two first squad players in (or were they three?) :p

ProPain
14-01-2004, 22:12
[mouth][eek]I won ?!?!?[eek][mouth]

Bootstoots
15-01-2004, 00:02
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

quote:Originally posted by Bootstoots

Thanks for the info [evil]
But I haven't won a friendly yet this season... The only good thing about tonight's match is that I have to first team regulars ready for the game... since they both got a red card last match they can't play this weekend anyway [cry]

I've lost the only three friendlies that I've played so far by at least 4 goals (5-1, 4-0, 6-1); it's currently one minute from the kickoff...this might be an interesting game.

Bootstoots
15-01-2004, 01:52
quote:Originally posted by Hattrick

746 spectators had come to Yellow Boots Arena this cloudy day. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Wong - Harley, Kane, Dias - James, Raines, Esparza, Buffington, Brunner - Lara, Ash.

Shabba had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Fernee - Geurden, van Beusichem, de Bruyne - Steendam, Decker, de Ruijsscher, Kamphuis, Aalberts - ten Cate, Notebaart.

Yellows Rubén Lara gave, after 4 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Shabbas Jan Harm Steendam got himself booked after a foul. Shabba could level the score in the 37:th minute at 1 - 1, as Simon ten Cate struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. Yellow appeared unsure on how to play. Yellow broke through to the left in the 42nd minute, Luther Harley firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 2 - 1 lead. 2 - 1 was the half-time score. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

The Yellow players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. 67 minutes into the game Shabba´s Hylke Geurden found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 2 - 2. Shabba took the lead in the games 75:th minute with 2 - 3 after some elegant plays down the middle. Ron de Bruyne was the scorer. Yellow had obvious problems in finding their positions. The referee signalled a penalty in the 79:th minute following an offence just inside of the box. Ron de Bruyne knocked home 2 - 4 just out of reach for the goaltender. By now Shabba were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. In the to 85:th minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to Shabba´s Ron de Bruyne being carried off the pitch and replaced by Rudie Scholten. Nihat van Beusichem received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 87:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Yellow appeared unsure on how to play. Shabba, bringing the final ball possession rate to 86 percent, dominated the battle.

Yellow´s best player was Luther Harley. Thomas Ash on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Shabba player was Nihat van Beusichem. Bas de Ruijsscher on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4.
Congrats, Shabba. I'm surprised that I was ahead for a significant portion of the game, even if it fell apart in the last half.

yndy
15-01-2004, 07:15
My match vs. ProPain was a close one, and I really had two key players in. One of them was red carded though. I also forgot to check the stamina of the second and third midfielder so I had a harsh drop in possession during the second half.

Not to mention the good opportunities I missed.

Shabbaman
15-01-2004, 09:53
Thanks bootstoots. If I look at the match report it's the inexperience with the line up that cost you the match. Pity my wingback got injured. Again, I must say, he was just recovered.

ProPain
15-01-2004, 11:33
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Not to mention the good opportunities I missed.

Yeah that keeper I bought is one of rare good buys I did.

Bootstoots
17-01-2004, 16:29
I've challenged Matrix, still no response.

Matrix
17-01-2004, 22:58
Sorry, I just replied.

yndy
21-01-2004, 11:08
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 1586 to Sticla T-veni Arena. Sticla tactics involved an interesting 4-3-3 combination. They fielded: Abolafio Martíne - de Groot, Spiridon, Tutuianu, Stefan - Nygĺrd, Codreanu, Bănica - Stern, Jugănaru, Timou.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Williams - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Quigley-Parks, Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Cheesman - Greenwood, Knell.

Manglers were relying on their inadequate ability to counter-attack. Jakob Nygĺrd received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 6:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. In the games 25:th minute Manglers´s Mark Bryan head butted an opponent nastily and so the referee sent him off immediately. David Spreadbury gave the visitors the lead in the 32nd minute with 0 - 1. The goal was scored from the penalty spot after a handball call in the penalty area. Manglers´s Gavin Cheesman made it through the home teams defence in the 42nd minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Sticla´s Iosif Jugănaru got himself booked. Manglers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. In the 43rd minute, Sticla´s Jakob Nygĺrd made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. Sticla appeared unsure on how to play. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

The Sticla players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. The Manglers players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. Sticla seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 85:th minute goal by Tyree Timou for Sticla, putting them ahead 2 - 1. In the games 85:th minute Manglers´s Alan Hornabrook fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Alan Hornabrook for taking a dive. Manglers had obvious problems in finding their positions. In the 86:th minute Manglerss Richard Alistair received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The player down was Iosif Jugănaru. The Sticla bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. Jakob Nygĺrd increased Sticlas lead to 3 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Ed Knell discharged a majestic long shot in the 88:th match minute, but missed the goal by a few metres. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Koen de Groot squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 89:th minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 1. By now Sticla were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Sticla player was Tyree Timou. Koen de Groot was a disappointment, however. Manglers´s best player was Walsh Greenwood. Adam Davis on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.

My first three points. Meli took the wrong gamble by playing CA when I played a 4-3-3.

Schip
21-01-2004, 22:04
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and PP SV Arena saw a crowd turnout of 181. PP tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Pietrek - Tafro, Niezing, van Zeeland, Kamperman - Boote, Sörensson, Daemen, de Moll - Drent, Beugels.

Acorazado had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Poffers - Kal, Wijnen, van Haaften - van der Arend, Ernst, Hoekstra, van der Tempel, Grondman - Merhottein, Ooijer.

Acorazado seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. After a fine move down the middle Ludo van Zeeland nearly gave the home side one up in the 5:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Ludo van Zeeland behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 7:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 9:th minute allowed Erik Merhottein to score 0 - 1 for Acorazado. In the games 15:th minute Johan Ooijer nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. In the 24:th minute Acorazados Johan Ooijer received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. As Erik Merhottein had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Acorazado player a red card without batting an eye. PP´s Mike Kamperman refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 30:th minute. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

After 52 minutes Sjors Drent got through on the right and was very close to equalising for the home side, but didn´t get the shot away. Sjors Drent put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 1 - 1 goal in the 56:th minute. In the games 65:th minute Acorazado´s Ruud Wijnen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Ruud Wijnen for taking a dive. PP held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. After a fine move down the middle Sjors Drent nearly gave the home side one up in the 97:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. PP´s Toon Niezing left the field after 98 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Filip van Bommel. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, PP´s Rolf Beugels got himself booked. There was still no winner after 30 minutes of extra time so the teams had to select a lineup for a penalty contest to settle the result. PP´s Iwan Daemen was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Jari Poffers. Score still 1 - 1. Acorazado´s Frank Kal cooly put the ball past Roman Pietrek. 1 - 2. PP´s Peter Sörensson hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 2. Acorazado´s Jason Hoekstra penalty shot was very well placed but Roman Pietrek went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 1 - 2. PP´s Filip van Bommel was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Jari Poffers. Score still 1 - 2. Acorazado´s Jari Poffers cooly put the ball past Roman Pietrek. 1 - 3. PP´s Sjors Drent looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Acorazado´s Ruud Wijnen made no mistake. Roman Pietrek didn´t have a chance. 1 - 4. PP´s Rolf Beugels hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 4. Acorazado´s Barry Grondman made no mistake. Roman Pietrek didn´t have a chance. 1 - 5. Most important PP player was Rolf Beugels. Mike Kamperman was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Frank van Haaften. Kelvin van der Tempel on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 5.

Got a bit lucky here, seems my players are a bit frustrated, all the cards I got [blush]
Good to know my players don't suffer the "Dutch disease" of missing penalties. Last round will be crucial for our group.

Bootstoots
22-01-2004, 01:59
quote:
736 spectators had come to Yellow Boots Arena this cloudy day. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Wong - Harley, Kane, Dias - James, Negron, Wahl, Buffington, Brunner - Lara, Ash.

Strastad had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Seroo - Tuama, Meessen, Naan - Verhagen, van Langen-Suurl, Eijmael, Bernhard, Burgers - Ogultürk, Blanken.

Yellow seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Many thought Rubén Lara ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 16:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Roderik Seroo. Strastad appeared unsure on how to play. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Yellow -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. During the break Strastad´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again. Jonathan Blanken came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 56:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Bubba Wong managed to tip the ball to a corner. Strastad seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Yellow seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Bubba Dias behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 64:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. This was a good period for the visitors with several opportunities to take the lead, in particular when Wesley van Langen-Suurling slipped through the defense to come up alone with Bubba Wong - but the home side´s keeper showed some lightning reflex Yellow could have put themselves ahead in the 75:th minute as Thomas Ash missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. The referee showed Strastads Ziya Ogultürk the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

As none of the teams had managed to win, extra time was called. 0 - 1 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Strastad´s Mark Eijmael landed at the feet of Daan Burgers who sent it into the net - goal! With that Strastad had won the game in extra time. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Luther Harley. Thomas Ash on the other hand, had a terrible day. Strastad´s best player was Tom Meessen. Abolhassan Bari Tuama on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 1.
Congrats, Matrix; this one was down to the wire. I still have yet to win a friendly, but this did give me excellent experience in 3-5-2, and for once I was ahead in ball possession for both halves. Looks like I'm out of this cup though, good luck to all who are still in.

yndy
22-01-2004, 06:57
Bootstoots, that was a close game. Still there are rounds 4 and 5 for the teams that do not qualify. Check my post with matches above.

Shabbaman
22-01-2004, 07:54
I lost my friendly with cruise 2-3, very close... I should have listed a defensive midfielder and a better winger.

yndy
22-01-2004, 12:19
So Cruise is in after all [thumbsup].

Edit: No, he's not, he already scheduled a game for next week so, Shabba you get a 5 - 0 win this time in the CDZ Cup.

Edit 28/01 (why add another post?):
Congrats ProPain for making it to the last qualifying spot. Remember guys, it's not over yet for anyone, only Schip has a week off but Meli and Bootstoots are to face each other nex week. Check the updated schedule on the previous page.

Matrix
28-01-2004, 18:19
W00t! 5-1 victory. :D

I really didn't expect to win...anything. [crazyeye]

ProPain
28-01-2004, 18:33
Well Matrix, we're gonna battle for the final next week. I strongly advise your supporters to wear warm clothes because the PP SV Arena tends to be empty and windy. [lol]

My win over Meli is actually based on a huge mistake on my part. I didnt realise the english friendlies were played on tuesday instead of wednesday. So when I logged on to change my line up.......I saw the match had been played already by my first squad [wallbash]

Skyfish
29-01-2004, 14:05
[lol] at PP !

yndy
04-02-2004, 09:55
[band]
Bootstoots is the first to end his games in this opening edition of the CDZ Cup after yesterday's 2 - 4 loss against Meli.

Congrats, and we're waiting for you next HT - season for the second edition.

Shabbaman
04-02-2004, 10:02
Fuck, why do matches in romania start this early! I couldn't even list my team... fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck... This means my first team is playing... I pray for "no injuries", and no major form loss for the reserve players... :(

Shabbaman
04-02-2004, 10:50
quote:Sticla T-veni - Shabba FC 0 - 3

View game: HT Live
Date: 04-02-2004 at 10:00
MatchID: 13852919
Arena: Sticla T-veni Arena
Crowd: 1122

The crowd of 1122 turning up at Sticla T-veni Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Sticla started off with a 4-3-3 lineup. Lineup: Abolafio Martíne - Rădulescu, Spiridon, Tutuianu, Buzoianu - Jugănaru, Codreanu, Bănica - Stern, Nygĺrd, Timou.

Shabba started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Aupperlee - Geurden, Ramsaur, Geluk - Decker, de Maat, Couso, Romano, de Ruijsscher - Oorburg, Hamers.

Shabba had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 8:th minute when Jeremy Oorburg came up alone against Rubén Abolafio Martínez who managed a block. Shabba took the lead after 34 minutes with 0 - 1. Jeremy Oorburg placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Jeremy Oorburg increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

In the to 51st minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to Sticla´s Tyree Timou being carried off the pitch and replaced by Dumitru Gheorghe. After 53 minutes Muhamed Stern could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Pieter Aupperlee. Jeremy Oorburg was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, Shabba´s Yair Romano managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 0-3 goal. After this Shabba lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Dumitru Gheorghe. However, Petrut Bănica made a disastrous appearance. Shabba´s best player was Sébastien Couso. However, Jeremy Oorburg made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 3.

Sorry Yndy. What team did you list? That were some really valuable players... A pity I couldn't list my "friendly" team, I had figured out a nice surprise for you. I don't know whether it'd work, but I thought you'd think I'd play 3-5-2. Obviously, I would, but with defensive wings and an offensive midfield, AIM. Would that've worked?

yndy
04-02-2004, 11:01
I used my key goalie which is a bit out of form (he gets 3 stars in top shape) plus I had two of my best three defenders that could not play in the last match, plus three forward trainees that are close to solid scoring (you injured one), and my key midfielder, which is also a very good forward and plays as reserve in the Wednesday match to get some forward training from time to time.

Congratulations, it was a good game, I'm a little disappointed by my tactic that worked with Meli but not with you. I expected one or two goals this game. I guess you could have played 3-5-2 AIM to counter my 4-3-3 if you could get solid side defenses.

Edit: Matrix meets Shabbaman in the CDZ Cup Final;
Propain waits for me to visit him in the match for the third place;
Melifluous meets Schip to fight for the 5th place.

Shabbaman
05-02-2004, 09:11
Again v.s. matrix. Hm.

Matrix
07-02-2004, 01:23
Why did I win this? I just started the game! [eek]

Anyway, good luck, Shabbaman! ;)

Bootstoots
07-02-2004, 20:42
Looks like I'll be playing Robot 2 for 7th place. I hope to win that one. ;)

Good luck to all remaining teams.

Matrix
08-02-2004, 00:04
Rats, my two best players are injurted. http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/undecided.gif There's your chance, Shabba.

Matrix
11-02-2004, 19:50
And you took that chance. Congratulations, Shabbaman! ;)

ProPain
11-02-2004, 21:31
And I lost the match for 3rd place. A mere 0-7 for Yndy [goodjob][rotfl]

Melifluous
12-02-2004, 01:22
Well most exciting game so far this cup season must go to our match tonight...

My complete B-Team had an absolute thriller...

quote:
768 spectators had come to Acorazado Fuerte Arena this cloudy day. Acorazado started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Poffers - Wijnen, van Haaften, Kal - Grondman, Brouwers, van der Klauw, Hoekstra, Meessen - Merhottein, Berg.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Williams - Hautala, Verspoor, Rouvé, Mason - Knell, Weavers, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Davies, Lal.

Manglers were relying on their weak ability to counter-attack. Acorazado took the lead in the 3rd minute after a magnificent free kick. Jason Hoekstra adjusted the score to 1 - 0. Jason Hoekstra increased Acorazado´s lead to 2 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball. Divyagovrsabhadhvaja Lal stunned the crowd with a brilliant counterattack from the left, giving Manglers the goal to make it 2 - 1. In the 34:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Erik Merhottein dashed through, knocking home 3 - 1 for Acorazado. Ed Knell was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Divyagovrsabhadhvaja Lal managed to kick one of them into 3 - 2 in the 39:th minute. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Acorazado lead up with 4 - 2. Keimpe Berg finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as Acorazado decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Acorazado had to manage with a reduced squad from the 40:th minute on, as Frank Kal got sent off for a foul in a free situation. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,John Weavers spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 2. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

John Weavers nearly reduced 60 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Jari Poffers put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank. Manglers breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 70:th minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar. Barry Grondman of Acorazado received a yellow card in the 74:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Acorazado´s Ruud Wijnen putting the lead up to 5 - 2. As Kennedy Mason had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Manglers player a red card without batting an eye. After 82 minutes Acorazados Frank van Haaften had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Douwe Croes came in instead of him. In the 82nd minute Robert Davies, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for Manglers making it 5 - 3. A bit later Manglers´s Robert Davies easily reduced to 5 - 4 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 66 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Erik Merhottein. Douwe Croes was a disappointment, however. Most important Manglers player was Andy Quigley-Parks. Eric Hautala on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 4.

I lost but shit man, what a game....

Melifluous

Shabbaman
12-02-2004, 07:48
quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 733 to Sint Kees Stadion. Shabba had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Aupperlee - Geluk, Couso, Ramsaur - de Ruijsscher, Decker, de Maat, Romano, Leblanc - Hamers, ten Cate.

Strastad had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Seroo - Meevis, Meessen, Naan - Verhagen, van Langen-Suurl, Eijmael, Bernhard, Horstman - Ogultürk, Runsink.

Shabba seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Strastad, and they seem weak at it. One of many good passes from Steijn Verhagen at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Karsten Runsink, scoring for Strastad to 0 - 1. Simon ten Cate pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 26:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. The 37:th minute saw the home team take a 2 - 1 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Shabba was Simon ten Cate. In the 37:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Simon ten Cate dashed through, knocking home 3 - 1 for Shabba. By then Simon ten Cate was a three time scorer - a hat trick! After 39 minutes Shabbas Sébastien Couso had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Hylke Geurden came in instead of him. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

Matthijs Hamers increased Shabba´s lead to 4 - 1 from a penalty spot cannonball. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Strastad´s Ziya Ogultürk was able to shove the ball in. 4-2. In the 71st minute Shabba put themselves up 5 - 2. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Simon ten Cate coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Shabba´s Niels Decker had an excellent opportunity in the 71st minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! In the games 72nd minute Shabba´s Jasper de Maat fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jasper de Maat for taking a dive. In the 73rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Bas de Ruijsscher dashed through, knocking home 6 - 2 for Shabba. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

Shabba´s best player was Matthijs Hamers. Tomas Leblanc on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Strastad player was without a doubt Tom Meessen. John Horstman on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 2.

Hurray! Now, I need that cupholder for my cup [:p]
Pity my MVP got injured. Oh, and two goals in the 37th minute? Amazing!

Cruise
12-02-2004, 10:37
When is a new cup going to start?[coool]
I already have arranged a friendly for next wednesday. So i hope it will start the week after that. [estwing]

Shabbaman
12-02-2004, 11:39
Well, next season I guess...

yndy
12-02-2004, 13:07
Congratulations everbody. I've updated everything and I added a league table on the first page but also here:

<center>http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/yndy/2004212131017_cdz.jpg
23.79*KB</center>

Next edition should start around week 3 of the new season depending how long some of us can stay in our national cups.

Matrix
14-02-2004, 10:50
I recognize these medals... [hmm]

Bootstoots
14-02-2004, 23:15
Hey, where's my booby prize? ;)

yndy
18-02-2004, 12:11
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I recognize these medals... [hmm]

Does [hmm] means you are considering pushing for copyright infringement ? Sue my ass [groucho]