PDA

View Full Version : Results day 7 season 21

ProPain
28-12-2003, 20:28
No results yet, but halfway I'm 5-1 behind. Pretty disappointing after my early 0-1 lead (7th min). But that joy only lasted for 4 mins.

Petra's Boys - PP SV : 8 - 2
Apparently my strategy of going on total attack with a sucky defense wasn't a good idea :D Probably not advisable for an away game anyway. Rematch in a week when P-boys visit us.

Bootstoots
29-12-2003, 03:30
Looks like you got clobbered. [eek] I managed to win my first league match today (Score: Yellow Boots - Herdlerz : 2-0). I think my purchasing of a $184,000 goalkeeper is paying off (I won despite the other team having possession of the ball 74% in the first half and 84% in the second).

yndy
29-12-2003, 08:52
DEF JAM INC - Sticla T-veni 3 - 2. I fell on 5th place after this defeat. I hope to beat them on my turf next week.

Melifluous
29-12-2003, 13:37
Meli's Manglers - greco 0-3.

Not funny, beaten by 8th place man at home.

I'm sulking now.

Melifluous

ProPain
29-12-2003, 15:51
I am the 8th place man [lol] And by the looks of my last match that will stay that way for a while too! Buying young midfield players on the cheap now. Going for some train & gain scheme.

Shabbaman
29-12-2003, 20:31
Heh...

Check it out. (http://195.149.159.158/Common/matchDetails.asp?matchID=11558847) Someone didn't do his scouting... and I won 7-1.

Good times...

Håkon
30-12-2003, 22:25
Dynamo Morpork 5-0 CatFighters :D

Against the worst team in our league, who has a goal difference approaching negative infinity, but who cares. Back on form - and I even played it cool to get my team spirit up.

ProPain
31-12-2003, 18:26
Hakon, please dont laugh at teams who occupy the last place in their league and have a negative goaldifference that makes you weep... you're describing my team....

BUT on the bright side. PP SV has beaten Shabba in the friendly! 2-4 with 72% bal possesion.

ProPain
31-12-2003, 18:28
btw, noticed something weird. In all my matches (3 untill now) first goal was made in 7th minute.

Håkon
01-01-2004, 21:14
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Hakon, please dont laugh at teams who occupy the last place in their league and have a negative goaldifference that makes you weep... you're describing my team....

The bloke I'm talking about doesn't have a clue - and he's played for the whole season, you have only played for 3 games or something...

Melifluous
02-01-2004, 03:07
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I hear you ProPain and share your pain.

Congrats to Matrix who kicked my ass in a friendly.

But I have plans...

Melifluous

Shabbaman
02-01-2004, 14:09
A cunning plan, perhaps?

I've lost my friendly v.s. ppsv, but then again, it's just a friendly.
I've lost all friendlies this season. On the bright side, some of my players regain their form. This weekend the return of the match I've played previous weekend: I'm predicting an 1-7 away win, muhaha!

Bootstoots
02-01-2004, 16:40
I lost a friendly against some Dutch team (not anybody from CDZ) 4-0, but I fielded some bad players (which I will continue to do in friendlies).

ProPain
02-01-2004, 17:11
well, I always field bad players because I don't have any good ones. [lol] But I bought a few new young players and sacked a few useless ones. Only a few positions left that still need immediate improvement, but the general level is going up. The sacking and buying didnt do my team spirit any good though and combined with the desastrous defeat last week their confidence isnt too hot either!

But for me the only way is up because I read a 9th division will not be started anytime soon [rotfl]

Shabbaman
02-01-2004, 21:16
It sounds as if you bought the wrong players... I know the feeling. Especially the last ditch effort "match of the season" didn't do wonders for team spirit... but that does mean indeed that it can only get better for me. Well... let's hope.

Håkon
04-01-2004, 10:03
Won 2-1 yesterday...team spirit is at POE, so I hope to get up from that stupid 4th place I'm in now :)

Bootstoots
05-01-2004, 22:18
I tied the 1st ranked Herdlerz 1-1 in an away match. The most interesting thing about that match is that absolutely nothing was reported to have happened in the second half except "Herdlerz held the ball, with a clear 75% possession rate." I'm still ranked third, but in two weeks I'm playing a really terrible team - their owner doesn't seem to have caught on to the fact that 6-2-2 formations don't pay off (he lost his last match 0-6). I'll play that one cool; the team spirit is currently at irritated. BTW, how do you raise team spirit other than selecting "Play it cool" or lowering the training rate?

yndy
06-01-2004, 07:34
TS has the tendency to go towards the composed level. So if you do nothing, you will get to composed in a couple of weeks or so. The leadership of your coach influences the speed the TS moves towards the composed level. With a high coach leadership, your TS, raises faster towards composed and decreases slower towards the same level.

The agreeability of the team leader has a similar effect but less than the coach. A clown (popular guy with solid leadership) will raise TS faster towards composed and decrease it slower towards the same level.

Sport psychologists help the TS but as far as I know it’s not advised to use them unless the team confidence is also low. Otherwise, the increase in team spirit will be negated by events of overconfidence.

Håkon
08-01-2004, 15:12
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Sport psychologists help the TS but as far as I know it’s not advised to use them unless the team confidence is also low. Otherwise, the increase in team spirit will be negated by events of overconfidence.

Very little, from what I've heard...they are advisable until confidence reaches wonderful, then sack them.