PDA

View Full Version : PP SV is to play first match today!

ProPain
24-12-2003, 12:06
Today PP SV is gonna play it's first match ever! It's a friendly game against WHC A1, they play 8th division also and are 6th in their league. Unfortunately I can't watch the game myself as I;m having a pre-christmass diner. So I'm hoping a good result is waiting when I return home [cool]

Also pulled a youthplayer yesterday. As my goalie seems to suck I drafted a goalie and got one that's even worse as my current one. I'll try and train him otherwise he'll be on the transfer list asap.

Melifluous
24-12-2003, 12:25
Ah youth player pulls...

Not worth the bother (ie wages) until your youth team is average or somink. If it's poor like mine then dont bother.

Good Luck for your game [godjob] I won my friendly 2-0 last night ;)

Melifluous

Shabbaman
24-12-2003, 12:44
PPSV? What a louzy team name! You can't win a thing with a name like that [lol]
Friendly next week?

ProPain
24-12-2003, 13:04
PP SV, Shabba, ProPain Sport Vereniging :). Where from Eindhoven but all similarities with an existing team are pure coincidence [fdevil] Or aren't they...

Friendly next week: yes, great idea [goodjob]

Shabbaman
24-12-2003, 13:12
OK, then that's a deal. I'm "away from the computer" the coming days but after tonight you can invite me. Don't forget to set it to "cup rules" (for maximum spectators).

I hope the crappy computer lets me access hattrick.org at home, or I'll be screwed.

Shabbaman
24-12-2003, 21:28
Challenged you. As usual I lost my friendly. In case you're wondering PauperPSV won 4-7...

quote:Whc A1 - PP SV 4 - 7

Date: 12/24/2003 at 17:00
MatchID: 13515421
Arena: Whc A1 Arena
Crowd: 221

221 spectators had found their way to Whc A1 Arena, despite the heavy rain. Whc had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Laumans - Vonk, Högflod, Gerichhausen - Vreman, van den Aarsen, van de Vorle, Kroes - Igellius, Cuper, van Osch.

PP had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Bennebroek - Tafro, van Bommel, Drent, Boote - Bakker, Daemen, Kamperman, de Graaf - Beugels, Niezing.

Whc mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 7:th minute goal by Abe van Osch for Whc, putting them ahead 1 - 0. Filip van Bommel unexpectedly struck an inside out ball from no angle at all, and Toon Niezing forwarded it into goal for 1 - 1 Rolf Beugels sprinted between the opposing defenders after 28 minutes, but the keeper deflected Toon Niezing's shot. Whc took the lead in the 33rd minute of the game by 2 to 1, as John Kroes elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. In the games 33rd minute PP´s Rolf Beugels fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Rolf Beugels for taking a dive. Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 34:th minute levelling of scores as PPs Iwan Daemen equalised to 2 - 2. After 38 minutes PP put themselves up by 2 - 3 as Toon Niezing finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. In the 41st minute, Whc´s Martin Igellius made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 3 - 3 equaliser away. Whcs Robin Gerichhausen got himself booked after a foul. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 3. Whc, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

PP took the lead after 46 minutes with 3 - 4. Rendert Bakker placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. PPs Dominique de Graaf got himself booked after a foul. With a shot floated in from just outside the penalty area in the 49:th minute, Abe van Osch of Whc evened the score to 4 - 4. PP made a substitution in the 56:th minute. Dominique de Graaf limped off the field and was replaced by Sean Vollebregt. PP took the lead after 56 minutes with 4 - 5. Rolf Beugels placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. John Kroes was suffering from cramps and had big difficulties keeping up as the opponentes pushed forward. Mike Kamperman had no problems getting through and hit home the 4 - 6 goal. PP increased the lead to 4 - 7 as Iwan Daemen scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. PP held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Whc player was without a doubt Abe van Osch. However, Levi van den Aarsen made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Toon Niezing. Sjors Drent on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 7.

ProPain
24-12-2003, 23:35
I WON !!!!! That's a surprise. Apparently my best player, Toon Niezing performed well and judging from the report my best midfielder, Iwan Daemen, did quite ok also. The Stars-report suggests the same, but strangley my opponents players received much more stars than my team. He did one weird thing im noob o. He set both his center midfield players on defense and gave his left back (Levi van den Aarsen) the extra midfield order. [???]

De graaf is injured for 2 weeks.

Shabbaman
26-12-2003, 22:45
Both his backs, I assume, or he couldn't have played in a 3-4-3 system. I can't check, unfortunately, since I get a "Norton Internet Security Professional has blocked access to this restricted site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site: http://www.hattrick.org/

Blocked categories: Gokken

If you think this web site is incorrectly categorized, visit the Symantec Internet Security Center to report it."

report. Anyone knows how to bypass that?!?

btw, if he actually moved just one wing to the middle that's nice. If you find something like that with one of your opponents (must be the same wing all the time of course) you can take advantage and set your (right, in this case) wing (or better, an extra attacker) to 'offensive'.

Read the "abc of tactics" PP. Google it ;)

Shabbaman
27-12-2003, 12:15
And that would be... "disable productivity control"? WHO HAS PRODUCTIVITY CONTROL?!? AT HOME !?!?

Anyway, I took a look at your opponents team and I concluded that he is a complete moron. "Defensive" is a player order (it enhances defence, duh), but in an attempt to play a 3-4-3 system he abandoned the whole left wing. If he wanted to play a regular 3-4-3, the proper choice would have been "extra forward" for one of the central defenders (or, if you don't want wingbacks, you could ditch those and send them forward, but there's no reason why you'd want that...).

So, he got more "stars", but he has a huge gap in his defence. Sucker.