PDA

View Full Version : 'leave or declare' rules changed in C3C?

Lt. Killer M
05-12-2003, 17:09
In Civ3 and PTW, n Ai could kick your troops under certain rules.

IOn C3C, I got a stack of 2 Swords kicked that
- had entered AI lands that turn
- was not next to a city
- was the only troops I had in that AIs lands in the last turns

now, from what I know they should be able to warn me off, but not kick me.....

Grille
05-12-2003, 20:21
On the contrary, curraghs get likely just a warning (can travel on through foreign waters and explore the world). Possibly because they are regarded as harmless, since they would not carry troops.

What I noticed is that when you have the 'leave/declare' thing as diplo option, that you must use it before you enter the negotiations table. Once you you enter the negotiations sceen (and if it was just for picking up some info about city numbers etc), the 'leave/declare' option is gone. It wasn't like that in vanilla. I think it is to prevent that ai tech rip off (in exchange for turnwise stuff) if you see there's some ai stack entering your territory and you expect a sneak attack soon.

smalltalk
05-12-2003, 21:15
As far as I remember, it also depends on where your troups are heading to. If they are just trespassers, no problem.

About changes: I feel, that the AI is now more willing to return home with their usual spearman/settler-stack, instead of trolling on through my territory for a century.

(But maybe it's just that my playskills have improved and now the AI fears me. ;) )

Lt. Killer M
05-12-2003, 21:31
one little thing I notived is that the first time they are quicker to kick me than the second: two workers get kicked on turn 2, one wanders in again, then the other - they have been in there for 7 turns now, next to cities etc and no kick!

maybe this changed bhaviour has something to do with the pushed-back Map trading. now, you need to walk through to see the map.