PDA

View Full Version : C3C Ladder and PTW ladder

Skyfish
05-12-2003, 11:25
I would like to suggest that we separate the C3C games from the PTW games by having 2 different ladders for each.
Both games are pretty different from each other and I hope its not too much work to separate them... We could even have a ladder incorportating both after a while if we want to, no ?

Lets start with a clean slate !
What do you all guys think ?

anarres
05-12-2003, 11:32
My gut instinct is to go for just one ladder, as otherwise the PTW ladder will be almost empty...

Skyfish
05-12-2003, 11:35
Well its already pretty full...plus there are still many games starting on PTW.
And consider the fact we have no idea if/when atari will come out with a first patch : how long could we wait ?

ProPain
05-12-2003, 11:43
I dont see the need to split the ladder. Especially since we now are leaving behind the start-up period where everybody would end up with same score. I agree the game is a bit different but so are games on different difficulty levels, adjusted starts (more/less settlers), adjusted UU, different maps etc.

I'd say we keep one ladder. My guess is the ptw games will die out eventually when decent patches for c3c come along.

ERIKK
05-12-2003, 11:49
The patch will be out in januari. So you might want to consider not to wait and start another
good old PTW game... I feel nothing for two ladders. The game will stay 1 on 1 on a set of
gamerules and gamemechanics which are the same for both players.

So whats the difference between the two apart from more units, more civs, so extra things like
governments? It remains a 1 versus 1 PBEM IMHO... [confused]

digger760
05-12-2003, 11:53
I dont see why 2 ladders would be needed. The variation that you can make in PTW with all the settings is larger than the variation to C3C. To me it just like PTW with some different settings (if that makes any sense).

Both players are playing with the same rules in any particular game, regardless if it is C3C or PTW.