PDA

View Full Version : Why is the url/main page down?

Shabbaman
04-12-2003, 14:42
I noticed it yesterday, but PP encountered it this morning: the url/main page (www.civ3duelzone.com) is down. Someone forgot to pay his contribution? ;)

Obviously this sucks big time, I guess not all members have the danwilliamson.net adress bookmarked...

Lt. Killer M
04-12-2003, 15:02
for me, all pages are sometimes normal, sometimes extremely slow (to the point where they time out).

anarres
04-12-2003, 16:10
The ISP we registered civ3duelzone.com with has FINALLY released the name to our other ISP (the one where we actually have webspace).

This means the auto-forwarder from the old ISP has been removed and the domain is now parked on our new ISP. There is about a 24hour delay in the internet (DNS) servers updating with this new information, so until they do you are still looking at the old ISP (who have removed our account).

In short - watch this space! When the servers update there is a forwarder that will redirect to the portal page.

BTW - all this also means we should have the @civ3duelzone.com mail server up and running soon, so everyone who has donated can get a CDZ email address. In addition we will be moving the whole site to the proper CDZ domain. [coool]

ProPain
04-12-2003, 16:18
WOOOT finally! That ISP was pretty persistent in keeping that URL. So no more phonecalls for me where my lousy german cant be hidden. [lol]

Lt. Killer M
04-12-2003, 16:21
what reminds me that i didn't get to donate as I didn#t go to Amsterdam... where can I do it?

anarres
04-12-2003, 16:42
Here Killer:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/portal.asp?ContentID=11&CategoryID=3

Lt. Killer M
04-12-2003, 16:49
tx

done

Pastorius
04-12-2003, 17:37
Erm - this paypal thing was a bit too much for me, I registered, payed, and had to go through an updated agreement. Since I didnt want to have them keeping me on file, I opted for a 120 day thinkabout

Payment registered to Paal btw :)