30-11-2003, 18:33
What do you think about hattrick.org?

Pastorius
30-11-2003, 21:04
err? wtf?

btw - IT's not football OR soccer - IT IS FOOTBALL [aargh]

Shabbaman
01-12-2003, 08:08
Yeah, bring out the whip! Anyway, hattrick should be obligatory to anyone remotely interested in sports. It's a really good game with real depth, plus a more or less transparent calculation method (just as transparent as civ3)...

Besides that, you get the opportunity to kick Yndy's ass (twice)!

Shabbaman
08-12-2003, 08:51
Okay, just upping this thread and taking the opportunity to point out that anyone that doesn't join this game is an asshole. It's fucking! GRRRRRRRREAT!

(in case you're wondering: yes, I'm happy since I won this weekend's match [:p] )

digger760
08-12-2003, 09:52
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

err? wtf?

Its Soccer

Shabbaman
08-12-2003, 09:55
quote:Originally posted by digger760

err? wtf?

Its Soccer

[nono]

[hammer]

Melifluous
08-12-2003, 12:27
quote:Originally posted by digger760

err? wtf?

Its Soccer

And I suppose football should be played on a round pitch :D with 4 goal posts each [hmm] and points given for kicking it over the bar? [eek]

What tosh...

Melifluous

yndy
09-12-2003, 17:32
OK, cut the crap. Who applied?

Melifluous
11-12-2003, 12:42
I have...

Melifluous

Shabbaman
11-12-2003, 13:10
Good boy ;) And did you already got a team assignment?

Melifluous
11-12-2003, 13:12
Applied yesterday.

Got my team today...

It would appear that someone had it before me and we are 7th place in a 8 team division after 4 matches.

Goals Scored 3
Goals Conceded 12

Not looking good but I can turn em around ;)

Melifluous

Shabbaman
11-12-2003, 14:05
In what league? What's your team ID?

yndy
11-12-2003, 14:09
Way to go Meli, let's schedule some friendly games in a while. I actually booked mine for this week but check with Shabba.

Edit: Oh and I see there's another "I applied" vote. Come out and speak.

Melifluous
11-12-2003, 15:21
Sorry Yndy but that second vote was mine...

Dunno who the first person was.

Shabba?

Melifluous

Shabbaman
11-12-2003, 15:23
Might be, would be dumb though since I got the team since september. One of the moderators of this forum might check it for us, I doubt if they're busy moderating some OT thread...

Melifluous
11-12-2003, 15:48
ANyway

Team: Meli's Manglers
ID: 58408
League: England
Div: VI.289

That OK?

Melifluous

Shabbaman
11-12-2003, 15:50
Enough info ;)

Cruise
11-12-2003, 17:13
I am FC Cruise, playing in VIII.441

currently #1 :)

yndy
13-12-2003, 19:58
Just so that you know, my coordinates are:
Team: Sticla T-veni
ID: 183500
League: Romania
Div: VI.578
Team page: http://www.ht-arena.com/Sticla/

ProPain
14-12-2003, 12:50
Waiting on my team, applied last thursday, still nothing.

Melifluous
14-12-2003, 13:46
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Waiting on my team, applied last thursday, still nothing.

That's harsh man. I got my team next day.
How long does it say you have to wait?

Maybe lots of people in the Nederlands like football or somink ;)

Melifluous

ProPain
14-12-2003, 14:07
apparently people who applied 9th of december got teams yesterday. But technically I applied friday (it was 0:30) So I' m guessing I'll have a team tuesday.

When I applied 700 people were wainting, after that the line has grown everyday. 1155 people waiting now

Shabbaman
14-12-2003, 14:17
I've read on the site that dutch league has gotten a lot more members in the last year.

yndy
14-12-2003, 19:27
Let’s get this week’s (Day 5 Season 21?) results:

Yndy (aka taki_) Romania VI.578 teamid: 183500
FC Boldesti – Sticla T-veni 2-4

Meliflous England VI.289 teamid: 58408
Meli’s Manglers – The u’s 3 – 1 Congrats!

Shabbaman Nederland VII.397 teamid: 144548
Shabba FC – Jeroen United 4-0

Cruise Nederland VIII.441 teamid: 363029
Karsie – FC Cruise 3-3

ProPain Nederland waiting team

We’ll be five any day now. We need 8 teams to organize a friendly cup. I think we could schedule it in the near future and see if we get the needed number of Civ players by then. If not I’m sure we can find some other guys.

Cruise
14-12-2003, 22:56
3-3, but i played it calm...
That would have been ok, if i didn't have my top player injured, and if i didn't get a red card.

Last time i PIC-ed i had a bad injury as well. Crappy game :(

ProPain
14-12-2003, 23:02
Look at the bright side: You actually have a team and players!!!

Shabbaman
15-12-2003, 08:10
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Shabbaman Nederland VII.397 teamid: 144548
Shabba FC – Jeroen United 52 minutes to kick-off

Make that a 4-0 v.s. the number two of the league. Good times! Bad times: 2 injured, makes a total of 5 in the sick bay...

yndy
15-12-2003, 09:12
Yeah, injuries are a pain but you have to live with that as well. I see that only Shabba uses the 3-5-2 strategy. Guys, playing with 3 inner mids is one of the most powerful strategies. Unless you have a strong reason not to, I advise you to switch on that just once to see the difference.

I intend to give you some advice on playing and I would also like to share with you the testing that I’m working on so that one could determine:
-> individual star ratings based on player abilities and positioning;
-> team compartment ratings based on player abilities, positioning, tactic, team attitude and orders;
-> chance of win/draw/loss and how those can be maximized with a given squad.

I guess that if we get answers to these things, games would be much easier to tackle and we could make informed decisions. I tried to get some help from the community but it seems that most players do not want to know that because it would spoil their ‘magic’.

Now, I’m thinking in Civ terms, would you want to know the chances of your 3 Knights to kill a stack of 2 fortified muskets on a hill or not? Should you wait for another knight or charge without having any idea of the outcome? I definitely want to know or at least have a rough idea because the way hattrick is designed with hidden sub-levels for any visible level, you will never know.

As a quick example from recent personal experience, I managed to beat my division leader this game due to careful planning and a bit of luck. Most probable outcomes for this match were according to my calculations: FC Boldesti – Sticla 1-2; 1-3; 1-4; 2-2; 2-3; 2-4; 3-2; 3-3 and 3-4 for a total probability of 50% for one of these results given no special events.

Immediately after the game, the manager of FC Boldesti called me lucky bastard and said he’ll kick my ass bigtime next match. One of the other managers in the division said that I’m clearly the favorite to win this season and my friend asked my why was I worried for not winning when I had such a clear victory. I was calm knowing that this result was pretty much expected.

What do you think of this?

I’ll also be happy to provide specific advice on your team issues.

ProPain
15-12-2003, 09:19
I think we'll need a seperate forum for this soon [lol]

When (if ever) I get my team, I'm happy to try and disect gam mechanics.

Shabbaman
15-12-2003, 09:58
AARGH! Yndy, check these links, lay back and enjoy (and stop your testing...)

ABC of tactics (http://hem.passagen.se/hammervald/abc_of_tactics/abc_of_tactics_index.htm)

hattrick files (http://www.databased.at/hattrick/index.asp)

This one is good as well, it's in dutch but it's visually strong:

teamrating graph (http://www.kingma.cistron.nl/website/ht/teamrating.htm)

Melifluous
15-12-2003, 10:29
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I think we'll need a seperate forum for this soon [lol]

Weird.

This was exactly what I was thinking...

Should we present our case to the admins?

Oh [blush] you are one ;)

Can we have our own hattrick forum?
Or maybe just a whole sports arena?

Melifluous

[:o][:o][:o]

yndy
15-12-2003, 10:43
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

AARGH! Yndy, check these links, lay back and enjoy (and stop your testing...)

That's newbie tactics. A must for everyone but they tell you only so much. Check these ones for advanced training:

http://www.hottrick.org under Platypus Guide

http://www.ghettosuperstars.tk/ under Training Guide

Still these would only give you an edge against people that don't bother thinking about the game mechanics but I'm talking things comparable with Alexman and Qitai's work on corruption and RCP issues in Civ3. That took some time but now consider the difference between one player that knows them and one that doesn't.

A sub-forum. Sounds good if we manage to convince more people to participate.

Melifluous
15-12-2003, 10:52
quote:Originally posted by yndy

That's newbie tactics.

[lol] Thats why Shabba won 4-0 (all goals scored in the first half) and had 15,000 people turn up for the match [lol]

I think a sub-forum would be good regardless, this thread is gonna get WAY too full otherwise.

Also Congrats to everyone yesterday.
Particularly good win for Yndy away from home. [coool]

Commiserations for game/injury/red card woes for Cruise [cry]

Melifluous

Shabbaman
15-12-2003, 11:08
Subfora rule! [:p]

I had that hottrick link, upon closer inspection I find this in the text:

quote:
I remember playing Civilization III with my roommate (fiedziu, ZKS Masarnia, 2nd in Polish Ekstraklasa last season). I started off in much worse position (smaller and stretched island, fewer resources), was losing our first wars, but after I gained a certain tech level, I suddenly became much stronger than he was. After a while (I finally established an embassy) I found out, why was that. He had despotism as government (worst possible choice). I asked: "why the hell haven't you switched for all those years?". "I'm a Mongol leader... DIE, puny creature!". He got smashed, but right now I'm not sure who was a true winner...

Heh.

Anyway, the dutch hattrick forum (on the hattrick site) is pretty active. I've read several explanations on how the RNG works. As a matter of fact, scoring isn't that random, but you could calculate the "star" rating of your whole team even before the match!

And that is the good part of the game, actually. If it was completely random (like that fucking footiemanager... grrrrr!) it wouldn't be fun at all.

Cruise
15-12-2003, 11:13
For those who are a supporter. We can also start our own federation :D

Shabbaman
15-12-2003, 11:26
I'm not a supporter... I'm short on cash atm and it doesn't have that much advantages.

ProPain
15-12-2003, 12:35
Created a new forum http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=65

Melifluous
04-06-2005, 23:42
Crap!

Bump!

Spam!

7!

Meh-lifluous!