PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL ISDG sign up thread

anarres
30-11-2003, 14:08
We need everyone who wants to be in the ISDG CDZ team to post in this thread with the following statement:

------------------------------------------
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

One you have posted this statement you will be allowed access to the ISDG forum (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=63).

Please do not spam the sign up thread! If you have any questions please post them in this thread (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1109).

Edit: I changed the notice for a second time. Yet again it seems we were trying to stop you looking at other sites for no reason...

Pastorius
30-11-2003, 14:34
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's ISDG thread or any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ.

Added to forum

Skyfish
30-11-2003, 14:42
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's ISDG thread or any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ.

Added to forum

jack merchant
30-11-2003, 15:33

Added to forum

ProPain
30-11-2003, 15:56

Not added! [:p]

DrAlimentado
30-11-2003, 15:58

same proviso as before re: laziness. ie. if I can join as a consultant them I'm in ;)

Added to forum

anarres
30-11-2003, 16:00
I had to change the last clause as it apparently excluded you from visiting the U.N. [rolleyes]

Bootstoots
30-11-2003, 17:28
BTW, just to point this out, some teams have public forums that they wouldn't mind if other team members visited.

Apologies for spamming the signup thread, but I had to throw another monkey wrench into your pledge. [mischief]

Lt. Killer M
30-11-2003, 17:34
me in! [:p] [estwing]

and I will do my very best not to cracker up [:p]

Added to forum

col
30-11-2003, 18:04
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's ISDG threads or any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ, with the sole exception of the U.N., hosted at CDG.

Cant match many of you 1 to 1 in civ skills - but I do have some loophole spotting skills in the rules and a certain opportunistic ruthlessness ;P

Added to forum

Eldakkar
30-11-2003, 18:58
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

Added to forum

Plux
30-11-2003, 19:01

Added to forum

anarres
30-11-2003, 19:20
quote:Originally posted by Bootstoots

BTW, just to point this out, some teams have public forums that they wouldn't mind if other team members visited.

Apologies for spamming the signup thread, but I had to throw another monkey wrench into your pledge. [mischief]
Thanks, I changed it again. :)

Beam
30-11-2003, 19:59
With one hand on my heart, the other one on an ancient yet popular book among some people, while looking for another hand to have a drink, and being really shorthanded for a smoke I herewith declare:

Let's have some fun out there!

Added to forum

ERIKK
30-11-2003, 21:10
I would like to be added to the forum just to read all your smappy threads, is that ok too?

Please? (I am sure that will help ;) )

Added to forum

edit:

Skyfish
30-11-2003, 21:35
Erikk would you please pledge like everyone else ? :)
I know it might seem ludicrous to you but everyone does it, then its gotta be *everyone* [rolleyes]

anarres
30-11-2003, 21:36
[lol]

Whoops! I didn't even notice that! [eek]

anarres
30-11-2003, 22:55
Well I guess it's obvious, but here is mine too:

WildFire
30-11-2003, 23:09

Gimme [:p]

Added to forum

Grille
01-12-2003, 00:00

Added to forum

Kingreno
01-12-2003, 06:22

Added to forum

Puwen
01-12-2003, 07:42
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will sign up for any other team in this competition. I will give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, and any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also visit all other site's ISDG thread and any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ.

Added to forum

Shabbaman
01-12-2003, 08:04
LET ME IN!!! LET ME IN!!! LET ME IN!!!

I hereby declare that I will sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and I solemny swear that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit, spam or hack any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to acquire any confidential information, voluntary or involuntary acquirable, about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

Also, on a sidenote, since there's nothing happening in the other fora ;) I'd mod this one as well, as long as I don't have to play.

[shabba]

Added to forum

Puwen
01-12-2003, 09:27
quote:Originally posted by Puwen

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will sign up for any other team in this competition. I will give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, and any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also visit all other site's ISDG thread and any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ.

Added to forum

Ha, seams Anarres is abit tired

Yep - more than 'a bit' tired....

Umm, so what happens now? You want in or should I remove your name from the forum? [hmm]

Nah I'll stay there:

Lt. Killer M
01-12-2003, 09:33
well puwen, we all hate repetition ;) bis repetita no placent

Sir Eric
01-12-2003, 09:38
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's ISDG threads or any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ, with the sole exception of the U.N., hosted at CDG.

Added to forum

Darkness
01-12-2003, 10:44
I'm in...

*Darkness places his right hand over his heart and gives the pledge*:

Added to forum

Kemal
01-12-2003, 11:37

Added to forum

smalltalk
01-12-2003, 13:31
You can count me in - as a regular lurker and occasional spammer.

Added to forum

Melifluous
02-12-2003, 16:54

I dont promise to be around often but I will show willing...

Melifluous

Good to have you! :)

Gothmog
02-12-2003, 18:49

Added to forum

Ehecatl Atzin
02-12-2003, 22:09
Restricted access my ass!!! Lemme in!

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG. ...I'll try anyway [devil]

Better try hard! [groucho]

digger760
04-12-2003, 08:17
I might almost lurker value only but:

Added. Only once though ;)

Aggie
07-12-2003, 05:41

Added to forum

OPD
11-01-2004, 22:46

Added. Welcome on board.

Stapel
12-01-2004, 15:45

Added. *shreds death penalty orders*

Swingue
11-03-2004, 10:17

Added. Add. Ed. Ad. Ded.

tunerica
12-03-2004, 02:07

Added -- anarres

Schip
12-03-2004, 10:10

Added
-- anarres

Markstar
03-04-2004, 22:10
Don't know how much help I can be at the beginning, but I'll see what I can do. Otherwise I'd certainly want to lurk. So (hand putting on my chest):

Added.

Banzai
07-05-2004, 09:06
Better late than never!

Banzai!

Added. [shabba]

Samson
18-05-2004, 12:47

Added.

[EDIT] Am I really? I go to [1] and get "There Was A Problem<cr><cr>You do not have access to this forum." Any ideas? Or am just being hasty?

[1] http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=63

Edit: Yes, I think you must have been. I just checked and you are added. :)
-- anarres

[Edit] Yeah, it looks liek I was being hasty. Thanks.

<refresh> should have done the trick [shabba]

Socrates
29-09-2004, 22:34
PP convinced me and told me it wasn't as weird as in CFC, so :

"I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG." - krys

Being late, but I also want to sit around and eat some cake with you. Oh no wait, I will reinstall some [whipped] and severe measures and head for President of the nerd geeks !

Added!

grs
12-10-2004, 22:28

God bless c/p. I hope we do not have more ministers than players like other DG I read in, but I am just curious and did indeed never play on another team.

Added - PP

Aggie
12-11-2004, 10:20
I would like to be REMOVED from the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's ISDG thread or any thread related to the ISDG apart from the ones from CDZ.

Done[shabba]

anarres
12-11-2004, 10:31
You sure you don't want to stay on the list at all Aggie? You don't need to be active to be left on. :)

Aggie
12-11-2004, 10:37
I like to be removed, because I can't resist to check it out when I see updates. I really want to get CIV3 out of my system...

PS. I'm also authorised in CDG UN, so that should be removed as well. Thx for the effort anarres.

PS2: I'm still moderator for two forums (not visible for everyone)...Could you take care of that as well?

col
12-11-2004, 11:00
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave.

Aggie
12-11-2004, 15:42
It very much appears so col [lol]

Swingue
12-11-2004, 16:22
Ah, Aggie, I see you are trying the same thing as I did.
I terminated Civ3 on my PC on the 7th of May, tried to get through the days without.
This works pretty well, except for the fact that ProPain is sitting next to me so I got infected again.

The only thing I am really following is the ISDG so i am really sad about the things which are happening now.

Good luck with your detoxification ;)

Socrates
12-11-2004, 16:27
One could say that C3C's flaws desintoxicated me from Civ. [crazyeye] I've never played Civ like mad for days since last year. So I'm just playing my 2 PBEMs, and a solo game from time to time. No other game installed on my PC. Life goes on...

anarres
12-11-2004, 16:32
Stop spamming the official signup thread now thanks. :)

If you want to post OT stuff there are plenty of places to carry it on, but it's probably best to keep this for sign-up's (and sign-offs).

Aggie, I am at work and will remove you later tonight. :)

barbu1977
12-11-2004, 19:07
Aggie's removal made ma notice this tread, therefore:

I'd like to see what is going on...

Added [shabba]

Socrates
05-12-2004, 16:00
I'm bored, and here is what I got with this thread :

anarres - UK
Paalikles - Norway
Skyfish - France (or Netherlands ?) [does not count anymore]
jack merchant - Netherlands
ProPain - Netherlands
DrAlimentado - UK
LT. Killer M - Germany
col - UK
Eldakkar - Netherlands
Plux - Netherlands
Beam - Netherlands
ERIKK - Netherlands
WildFire - USA
Grille - Germany
Kingreno - Netherlands
Puwen - Sweden
Shabbaman - Netherlands
Sir Eric - Australia
Darkness - Netherlands
Kemal - Netherlands
smalltalk - Germany
Melifluous - UK
Gothmog - USA
Ehecatl Atzin ? - Mexico [does not count so far]
digger760 - Ireland
Aggie - Netherlands [does not count anymore]
OPD - UK
Stapel - Netherlands
Swingue - Netherlands
tunerica - Australia
Schip - Netherlands
Markstar - Germany
Banzai - Netherlands
Samson - UK
kryszcztov - France
grs - Germany
barbu1977 - Canada

34 CDZ members in ISDG on December 5, 2004 :
Netherlands : 14 (41.2%)
UK : 6 (17.6%)
Germany : 5 (14.7%)
Australia : 2 (5.9%)
USA : 2 (5.9%)
Canada : 1 (2.9%)
France : 1 (2.9%)
Ireland : 1 (2.9%)
Norway : 1 (2.9%)
Sweden : 1 (2.9%)

Sorry if I made mistakes in countries.
It seems that, at least in the ISDG team, CDZ isn't made of 2/3 of Dutch people, rather 2/5. ;) Still, that's far too much !! [lol]

gozpel
20-12-2004, 05:24
What the heck is this about!?

Forgive me for being slightly drunk and curious.

I'm new.

quote:Originally posted by anarres
Please do not spam the sign up thread! If you have any questions please post them in this thread (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1109).

[shabba]

grs
20-12-2004, 07:52
Hi gozpel. This is the signup thread for an intersite democracy game where different forums/websites compete against each other in a PBEM game. To tell you more, you would have to join.

Lt. Killer M
20-12-2004, 10:03
gozpel, you are the gozpel from CFC with whom I play GOZ6?

the ISDG is a game where each site (CFC, CDZ, CGN etc) plays one civ in a PBEM; actually, there are too many so we are currently playing the first round with 2 games with 5 teams each. 3 out of each game go to the final.

You can join one and only one team if you are interested, and our site would be honored if you'd join us!

betazed
03-03-2005, 20:37

Added.

OnCider
29-03-2005, 11:29
Hi, I'm a ex-member of the CFC team. Well, when I say member I mean lurker who has brought little to the team other than a vote on every poll.

So why accept me into the CDZ team? Well the game has been part of my morning routine for the last year or so and lurking on the forum has been both enjoyable and educational for me as an (occasional) Civ player. I would regret not being able to view the final and so I have chosen a team that I believe I would like to watch for the course of that event.

Why CDZ?

When the final blow came, I thought that CDZ were the better "winners" out of the alliance. I didn't approve of the gloating of a certain other team on the UN boards and also thought that a certain other member of the alliance were not wholy "honest" with their play. I believe that people should lose and win gracefully and believe that CDZ seem to be the only team that have done so.

Also, it seems that CDZ comprises mostly of European players (I am from the UK myself) and so it seems this is the home team as it were.

Hence...

... I realise that my membership would only be approved when the final result has been made in the current game.

Thanks for your consideration.

I'm sorry, but as Darkness mentioned sign-up is closed for those who have been in a team this round. There will be a new sign-up thread for the next round, if CDZ is in it.

Darkness
29-03-2005, 11:39
quote:Originally posted by OnCider

Hi, I'm a ex-member of the CFC team. Well, when I say member I mean lurker who has brought little to the team other than a vote on every poll.

IIRC, if you were on the CFC team this game, you are not allowed (by the game rules) to join anther team in the same game while your "old" team is still in that game, sorry....

grs
29-03-2005, 11:49
quote:... I realise that my membership would only be approved when the final result has been made in the current game. We will do our best to make that happen as fast as possible :)

No chat in the sign up thread please.

anarres
29-03-2005, 11:57
Considering we have to finish our game and wait for the other one, we won't be taking any new members to the team for some time.

Once this game is over we will make a new sign-up thread (and I'm gonna make *everyone* post in it again...) :)

Dell19
29-03-2005, 13:13
Can people from GCA join now?

anarres
29-03-2005, 13:42
Membership will open once we have finished round 1. :)

Lt. Killer M
02-04-2005, 21:09
if sabo should ask - he's OK; he's the good old sabo from CFC and I just chatted with him a few mins ago. Ill vouch for him.

Shabbaman
02-04-2005, 22:03
I don't trust people who shorten their nick all of a sudden ;) Is he a member of the current CFC team?

Matrix
03-04-2005, 12:15
No, he isn't.

Shabbaman
03-04-2005, 12:47
Well then, then there's no reason why he couldn't sign up right away :)

Lt. Killer M
04-04-2005, 09:54
indeed - which is why I posted to avoid a repetition of the betazed alcerations

Aggie
26-04-2005, 08:28
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I like to be removed, because I can't resist to check it out when I see updates. I really want to get CIV3 out of my system...

PS. I'm also authorised in CDG UN, so that should be removed as well. Thx for the effort anarres.

PS2: I'm still moderator for two forums (not visible for everyone)...Could you take care of that as well?

I have CIV3 out of my system [dance] Could I be added again after game 1 (or any time that suites you? I will only be lurking though...

Added.

Darkness
26-04-2005, 09:17

I have CIV3 out of my system [dance] Could I be added again after game 1 (or any time that suites you? I will only be lurking though...

Ah, the wonderfull drug that is CDZ.... :D

""You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave... ;)

Aggie
26-04-2005, 12:48
I like Hotel California!!

Thanks shabba! I will be having a ball reading through the threads :)

grahamiam
26-04-2005, 14:08
umm, in the self interest in finding out what the hell this is all about....

oh yeah, I also want to find out what "alcerations" are [lol]

anarres
26-04-2005, 15:12
grahamiam, please allow 24 hours for us to discuss this (adding a new member close to the end of game 1).

FYI, it will probably be fine, but we have a process we need to follow. :)

grahamiam
26-04-2005, 16:40
well, if it's any trouble, then forget it. i don't want to cause a problem if you are concentrating on closing this out :)

Lt. Killer M
26-04-2005, 16:45
grahamiam: quite simply we had an issue with someone most ehre DIDN'T know suddenly asking to join - I can't see any reason why you shoudln't. It is NOT any trouble! We'll just discuss how to handle such situations in general and admit you (I expect) tomorrow. Especially as ex-members of other teams will soon come knocking, maybe.

Matrix
02-05-2005, 12:36
Game is over!

Ginger_Ale
02-05-2005, 13:14
quote:
FortyJ @ UN Forum @ CDG

I don't really know what we need to do to confirm this result, but I'm willing to do so, if it'll make everyone feel better. wink2.gif

For a number of reasons, the admins will not release the admin password at this time, so there are a couple of ways that you can proceed from here:

1. Each team can share their own passwords with the other teams so that everyone can view everyone else's save game.

2. You could continue playing the current game.

3. We could create another game (perhaps one of the conquests) for the eliminated teams to pass the time while we await the outcome of the other game.

Consider these options and let Luc and I know how you'd like to proceed.

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not on the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

Shabbaman
02-05-2005, 13:49
I'm sorry guys, signup for the current game is still closed. If/when there's going to be a next round we'll open a new thread. Obviously you're more then welcome.

New thread is here (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2770).