PDA

View Full Version : Fall of Rome spoiler & discussion thread

Beam
27-11-2003, 14:56
Halfway in the FoR scenario by y'day night. Playing as the Ostrogoths. All barbaric tribes have the same abilities so it is only the location that makes a difference. Since my 400 AD history is a bit rusty I did not know what my starting position would be, it turned out to be todays Ukraine. Not to bad with lots of expansion opportunities to all directions but South where the late Visigoths lived [evil]. Byzantines are not that far away and already destroyed atm.

Road to victory is to get Warlords asap, 8/3/1 unit who will bomb while attacking.

I have ~ 13.000 VP's now and Rome (next target) has ~ 23.500. No.3 in VP's is way behind. Rome will prob. bring another 6.000 VP's which means that is still way to go to 35.000 VP's. Location points go pretty slow so that means the other tribes will suffer from the Ostrogoth hordes.

Romans and Byzantines basically act as sitting ducks. In the beginning they are superior in all areas, incl. military but they do NOTHING, NIENTE, NADA. And the feared Huns are just riding around with their horses as if they are being spared for the Grand National.

Category: funny pics never seen before what the heck is it about? The vultures actually circle around Thess.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20031127145721_vulturesskull.jpg
35.03KB

Shabbaman
27-11-2003, 15:19
I guess that's the plague...

Shabbaman
08-07-2004, 18:10
I finished this scenario today, on victory points. I played the sassanids, better known as the Persians. It's not a barbaric tribe, so I built both wonders. The heavy cavalry is far inferior to the barbaric units though. It looks as if the warlords are extremely powerful. I had to cleanse the world of the barbaric tribes who wanted in through my back door near Stalingrad.

I'm currently playing the medieval scenario. Fun so far. Poland is having a hard time [evil]