[img]http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/WildFire/2003112775235_cdz.JPG
88.6KB

Skyfish
27-11-2003, 09:14
[lol]

Just ban him from yours then ;)

Shabbaman
27-11-2003, 09:58
You know what to do when another mod plays tricks on you: spread dirty rumors about him ;)

WildFire
27-11-2003, 10:33
He does this everywhere, not just here. IMO, he's a dick.

Skyfish
27-11-2003, 10:34
quote:when another mod plays tricks on you: spread dirty rumors about him

Oh yeah..also known as the "cracker method" :D

Shabbaman
27-11-2003, 10:55
How can he ban you from everything outside his forum?

Darkness
27-11-2003, 13:34
Maybe you deserved it? ;)

ERIKK
27-11-2003, 13:37
quote:Originally posted by WildFire

Where else?

Grille
27-11-2003, 13:56
-Bringing Up Baby-:D

Hehe, I tried to access Paalikles forum and did not get into it. I wasn't logged in then.
However, I could kill that striped cat with spam if I was logged in...
(WF, I see you were logged in, though)

Btw, I remember that Sky used some similar dirty trick;), some sort of password protection for his forum (probably by accident).
You had to "invent" a password (=type in some random stuff) to get access...

PS: WF, how did you manage to earn a ban anyways??

Pastorius
27-11-2003, 14:27
To my defense - I feel that WF has been after me (more or less) on CFC - mostly flaming and spamming - and to avoid having to moderate my forum much (since spam is not heavily frowned upon here) - I took the measure to modify the access list to my forum a little - which essentially means that I allowed every existing member of CDZ except WF to access the forum.

Tis not an abuse in my ever so humble opinion - just a preventive measure.
Of course, if the high chiefs say so - I ll remove it, but I d rather not at the moment though

Pastorius
27-11-2003, 14:29
quote:Originally posted by WildFire

Do I really need to justify why I did it BEYOND referring to this?

I can also point to some chatlogs and some CFC-spam - but that is not very relevant to this forum.

I dont mind too much spam in general, but the form of the spam - or contents rather - is sometimes abit too much when it comes to WildFire

EDIT: starting this thread rather than pm'ing me or something [hmm]

Shabbaman
27-11-2003, 14:47
It's a radical solution, but I don't see the problem. If you're bothered by the spam, it shows that it goes beyond an acceptable level. However, it looks like you're both bothered by the same problem here so it might be good to talk this over together.

Or not, whatever you want.

WildFire
27-11-2003, 22:01
lol. EVERYTIME I enter the CFC chatroom (i have tried to be good lately), he says something like this (after like 5 minutes).

"Someone was just added to my ignore list."

Fucker.

anarres
27-11-2003, 22:57
Hmm. If you want Paalikles to let you back in I suggest you be nice to him WildFire! [lol]

There are no rules (atm) about excluding people form your forum, but I would prefer people not to do so for the following reasons:

* New members can't see the forum until you explicitly allow them
* You are encouraging DLs since their new DL will be unknown to you
* It doesn't really resolve the underlying issues

Now, I want us all to have a spliff and make up! [smokin]

Pastorius
27-11-2003, 23:02
I d rather he settled this via some more intelligent form of communication - WF - send me a pm @ CFC, and we ll get this whole thing over with...

Also - the forum is now open for you as well...[:p]

@anarres: [lol]

ProPain
27-11-2003, 23:41
Although the whole thing seems to be resolved I still wanna bore you my 2 cents on the subject.

I totally agree with anarres. I rather not have people exclude others from their forum. Apart from the reasons mentioned by anarres there's the added danger of the issue being fought out in a different thread where it can quickly escalate. Or become a spam thread. So please resolve your issues trough private email/MSN or whatever means you wanna before disallowing people on your fora.

WildFire
28-11-2003, 01:49
This is funny.

I wish it was April 1st so my laugh could be even bigger.

Happy Turkey day!

ProPain
28-11-2003, 10:00
Wildfire,

Please refrain from posts like that. Trying to act like an adult will not hurt you.

Thread closed