PDA

View Full Version : The biggest and most annoying BS ever!

Lt. Killer M
25-11-2003, 12:11
EACH fucking time the AIs extort me, they do it when I run a deficit, and each and every time a granary gets hit.

not barracks, not a worker, no, always granaries......

what is this BS?????? Firaxis should finally fix that ndamn bug that AI can destroy my buildings by this!

anarres
25-11-2003, 12:30
Well you know the risks of running a deficit now, so next time it happens you know it's only you to blame. ;)

Seriously - it really pisses me off too, so that is why I rarely run a deficit when I am low on cash...

Skyfish
25-11-2003, 12:38
quote:Firaxis should finally fix that ndamn bug that AI can destroy my buildings by this!

Sorry but thats not a bug :D

Kingreno
25-11-2003, 12:47
yes killer. calm down and play our game. or the SG for that matter :D

ProPain
25-11-2003, 12:54
Or our game killer, I have been waiting for hours!!!

Shabbaman
25-11-2003, 13:24
I thought the whole PTW european copyright/patch issue was the biggest and most annoying BS ever. Oh no, wait: how could that spearman possibly beat my tank? [lol]

Lt. Killer M
25-11-2003, 15:13
Skyfish: go find your glasses - I wrote BS, not bug.....

aside from that, why can't I be allowed to make adjustments to my science rate after an extortion? simpyl because the lazy fuckers at firaxis are lazy fuckers.....

KR, PP: was off for training.

Shabbaman
25-11-2003, 15:18
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

simpyl because the lazy fuckers at firaxis are lazy fuckers.....

Good argument. Somehow I see a connection to the PTW patch issue.

Lt. Killer M
25-11-2003, 15:20
and now my capital was hit by disease thre straight times in a row - size 7 to size 1..... [aargh]

anarres
25-11-2003, 15:57
You know you're meant to take workers of 'disease' tiles the first turn it hits to avoid this? [eek]

Lt. Killer M
25-11-2003, 15:58
anarres: I tried this but they still died the next round :hmm:

Skyfish
25-11-2003, 20:15
quote:Skyfish: go find your glasses - I wrote BS, not bug.....

Killer I think YOU need glasses because I specifically quoted the sentence where you talk about a bug [lol]

Once again :

quote:Firaxis should finally fix that ndamn bug that AI can destroy my buildings by this!

Grille
28-11-2003, 07:00
sorry for being on-topic...:D
The ai tribute demand while running a deficit at low cash was annoying me, too.
Some time ago, I made a thread on CFC with the question, if a certain ai civ shuts up for a 'guaranteed' while after giving in to one demanding. That and if the ai possibly would not even sneak-attack for a while when they got paid. I was guessing a succesful tribute demand could be regarded as some sort of treaty. I mean it's not logical if I demanded succesfully tribute but declared war afterwards anyways w/o getting a penalty (besides attitude drop)...
From what I recall, some people said that the same civ knocked on the door twice within just a few turns (one poster even claimed that the same civ asked for gold in two consecutive turns). No peace guarantee either.
Ok, it doesn't bother me anymore.
Also, it seems that an ai would not preferably ask for tribute when you run a deficit with low cash; at least they wouldn't exploit your bad financial situation in the first place, compared to your own abilities on this field.

Lt. Killer M
28-11-2003, 09:46
Grille: I have been extorted out of my last 1 Gold yesterday when running a -1 deficit.
I have also (in PTW) been attacked the same turn I gave in to their demands.

Grille
28-11-2003, 12:09
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M
Grille: I have been extorted out of my last 1 Gold yesterday when running a -1 deficit.

Yeah... happened to me on a 'regular basis' once, too. (that's why I made the CFC thread)

I just doubt that the ai would ask for your 1 gold for the sole purpose of destroying your granary/unit.