ERIKK
21-11-2003, 10:18
Info will soon follow...

digger760
21-11-2003, 11:04
bah...your only teasing me...as if wating for conquests was'nt bad enough

ERIKK
21-11-2003, 12:08
Actually, Sky should write his things in here as he has some things to tell the public!

Other things:
- There is no war between America and Iroquois/Persia
- Sky has relocated the Palace in his 'wisdom' and abadomned the cities
- America/Iroquois/Persia will soon invade Egypt
- America/Iroquois/Persia have a research pact from the beginning of the game and are far ahead in tech compared to the other continent (as planned)
- America/Iroquois/Persia decided to first 'finish off' the other continent before looking at each other
- We planned to have ProPain to build the Great Library to prevent the other continent of getting our techs and catching up
- We have not planned to have ProPain get the Pyramids (this sucks, he is getting too powerfull)

Possible scenario:
- us 3 whipe out the other 3 and then a fight between Kemal and ProPain starts and I win in a diplo vic! [lol] (One of them decides to have me as ally against the other and thinks first kill off the big one and deal with the weak small one later but I of course will then sneak my way in a diplo victory!!! Errr..., yeah right! [hmm] )
- us 3 whipe out the other 3 and then a fight between me and Kemal/ProPain starts and I will be destroyed... [satan] (They decide to kill the weak brother first before the clash of the Titans starts...)

digger760
21-11-2003, 12:19
I dont understand why all the cities had to be abandoned....Is'nt the jump based on population only....so all you had to do was starve those cities instead of abanonment.

ERIKK
21-11-2003, 12:28
No, also the pop (and distance?) of the cities next to the old/new capitol are in the formula AFAIK...

digger760
21-11-2003, 13:08
seems a distance factor is involved....

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3acad_palace_jump.shtml

Would you be able to show us some calculations. Or maybe skyfish has done it.

ERIKK
21-11-2003, 13:50
It was all SkyFishes plan, I gave him the game while I went on holiday and told him to do whatever he wanted to do (a free hand). He decided that a new capitol would be a better option than staying in that crappy place where it was at that moment...

Skyfish
21-11-2003, 20:34
The abandonment was a question of "speed" : I needed to produce loads of settlers as fast as possible and there was not enough food in the old lands to get settlers produced quick enough so cities were settler abandonned as because of the new palace they would have been totally corrupt anyway : I heavily used RCP in order to give Erikk a fighting chance to get a productive empire instead of staying stuck in the jungle...
In 2 or 3 turns I will be finished and will give the game back to Erikk, I will also illustrate with pix and charts what (and why) 5 've been doing !
It was a real interesting experience

Skyfish
26-11-2003, 14:48
Just played my last DDPP turn :(

[cry]

I am going to miss ThisIsIt quite a lot I must say, I really grew fond of your crappy lil empire...

However I am very glad to present you with your new Mighty Empire (hum, hum...) !

In the last few turns I got the feeling Kemal and PP were not going to full strength military build up just yet...
so I left a few settlers on production, just like we talked about ;)

BEFORE :
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Skyfish/20031126143127_DDPP-OldLands.jpg

AFTER :
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Skyfish/20031126144451_DDPP-NewLands.jpg

anarres
26-11-2003, 15:14
Wow! ERIKK - did you have any clue that Sky was going to do such massive things in your empire?

Also - where are the horses in this map? [confused]

Skyfish
26-11-2003, 15:31
Please keep in mind that this whole transformation took exactly less than 20 turns !
I think its pretty obvious the potential of the new lands is uncomparable with the old lands...
The new lands have 7 core cities with absolute minimum corruption compared to only 1 good core city, 1 half good city and 4 totally jungle core cities :D

Horses ? [hmm]
I am curious to know why you ask if you dont mind ?

anarres
26-11-2003, 16:06
hehe.

* I wasn't suggesting what you did was 'bad'
* I want to know where the horses are on the map, since I haven't seen a single one in any of ERIKKs old or new land! [???]

Skyfish
26-11-2003, 16:24
Oh no ! my first paragraph was an addition to my post not a reply to yours sorry...

The Horses.... well there is a city built on them :D
but just FYI for everyone this map was a *random* map and not balanced one, its painfully obvious [sad]

ERIKK
28-11-2003, 20:21
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Wow! ERIKK - did you have any clue that Sky was going to do such massive things in your empire?
Not really, he told me that he was going to find out if a relocation
was beneficial, and it is I guess!

Anyway, I think my priorities lie in getting the lands filled and
not in joining the crusade against Aggie. Of course I will join
but not too much... [satan]

Well thanks Sky, I would like to play it together as this game is
sooooo slow and it's your game now yoo. I think we should take
shifts of say..., 20 or 40 turns. :)

Agree? [estwing]

Skyfish
29-11-2003, 06:57
WOW !~
Thats an amazing offer thanks a lot ! [love]
but I dont want you to feel obliged to do this : I had a great time playing the game and am very thankful to you for choosing/trusting me!
Lets see in 40 turns whats happening ok ? I might be on summer holiday at that time ;)

col
29-01-2004, 12:12
Thats one of the most aamzing feats of rebuilding I've ever seen. Of course if someone had taken out all your settlers at the key moment...

Aggie
29-01-2004, 12:27
Ehm, invade the Egyptians? Killer will have a great time I guess :D

Skyfish
29-01-2004, 12:36
Thanks a lot col !
Because of the huge jungle patch taking out the settlers would have been impossible unless you had gotten advance notice of the massive exodus, speed was of the essence and I timed it to the single movement point needed...

Skyfish
29-01-2004, 12:42
Shit ![eek] [eek] Aggie ! [eek] [eek]
Watcha doin' here cheater [mad3]
;)

Shabbaman
30-01-2004, 11:26
Matrix just got over here to ask whether or not I had read what you had done. It was pretty obvious that he was extremely annoyed by your move...

[lol]

Skyfish
30-01-2004, 11:40
I hope its not the "move" that annoyed him but rather the fact that he did not understand any of it...and imagined the worse of course [rolleyes]

Shabbaman
30-01-2004, 11:46
He clearly didn't expect the unexpected, and he doesn't fully understand why you've done it either. And your explanation wasn't helpful either... Good job! ;)

Aggie
30-01-2004, 12:00
I think that the explanations were helpful enough. Only Matrix doesn't accept them as the truth.

col
30-01-2004, 12:27
Its not paranoia when everybody really is out to get you.