PDA

View Full Version : FIFO or MPFO

Matrix
14-11-2003, 12:31
What do you think is better?

I admit I'll be defending what's in my advantage (I mostly play in PBEM's with more than one opponent), but I believe (almost) all PBEM players play the games first that came in first. But wouldn't it be better when people look at the number of players in it too? After all, those games are usually going very slowly and a little push could help a great deal.

It is my opinion that when a PBEM has an average of more than one turn per day it is far less fun than otherwise, because then you tend to forget what the game was like. More than one turn a day doesn't matter that much in that perspective.

anarres
14-11-2003, 12:41
I voted with you Matrix, but only because those multi-player games tend to be in the early stages.

I actually give preference to whoever is online, to maximise possible turns played.

Lt. Killer M
14-11-2003, 12:57
same here, I maximize overall speed: e.g. 8player comes in and I know 10 mins won't matter but two players are waiting for an early BC turn - then 8 player waits.

if I know e.g. DDPP can move on right away, that goes first. So it depends on who is online and how long the turns will take.

ERIKK
14-11-2003, 13:10
Most of the time I play the game first that has the most chance of coming back to me fast. Players like Aggie, Killer and Stapel tend to return saves fast. Those ones I usually play first. If someone is online on MS[u]N</u> (;)) and waiting I - of course - play that one first.

After that I choose random.

Skyfish
14-11-2003, 13:34
MPFO...or whoever is online.
I never play FIFO but which turn makes the most sense at the time I am playing :
- fast turn in the BC -&gt;first
- in a power session -&gt;first
- from a player who bought me a whisky -&gt; first
- from a Multiplayer PBEM -&gt; first

digger760
14-11-2003, 14:16
I voted MPFO. I will try to push my 4 and 8 player games..but only if i know the next player is around to play it. For example, in the NH game, wildfire is after me and it is 3 or 4am for him when i play the turn..so i leave that one till last. But normally it only takes me 20 minutes or so in the morning to move them all on...normally there would be 3-4 PBEM's to send on.

Matrix
14-11-2003, 14:44
Hm, apparently my assumption was wrong: most don't see FIFO as most important rule. [cool]

I like Skyfish' list. [goodjob]

Plux
14-11-2003, 15:07
Me too, but I'll let you know if anyone buys me a whiskey he's on the top of my list :D

ProPain
14-11-2003, 16:02
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

MPFO...or whoever is online.
I never play FIFO but which turn makes the most sense at the time I am playing :
- fast turn in the BC -&gt;first
- in a power session -&gt;first
- from a player who bought me a whisky -&gt; first
- from a Multiplayer PBEM -&gt; first

That resembles my priorities a lot.

Sir Eric
21-11-2003, 09:01
looks like that I am alone in voting FIFO. If no one is online then I play FIFO, but if someone is then I play the relevant save first and the others as I wait for it to return,