PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Conquests

digger760
13-11-2003, 14:03
I had pre-ordered with Amazon but they are showing 1-2 weeks delivery. I rang the local game store (sometimes Iralnd can be 2-3 weeks behind) but they said they would have it tommorow. So the amazon order has just been cancelled.

An in an amazing co-incidence the wife is going out with her sisters tommorow night.:D

Shabbaman
13-11-2003, 14:27
Sisters? [:O]

[lol] Sorry, couldn't resist. C3C might come in store here tomorrow, but the lazy ass workers at dynabyte probably won't have it on the shelves until saturday. Since I don't expect to have enough money by that time, I think I'll have a friend of mine, working at dynabyte and civ3 deity player, borrow ot for me. With some luck.

"Remember to call work for more sick days."

Skyfish
13-11-2003, 14:52
Get that friend of yours "Deity player" on this site ASAP so we can kick his ass in a PBEM dude !
:D

Gothmog
13-11-2003, 15:23
I preordered with Amazon and got my copy last night! Of course I am in the US, so YMMV.

Shabbaman
13-11-2003, 15:29
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

Get that friend of yours "Deity player" on this site ASAP so we can kick his ass in a PBEM dude !
:D

I keep saying that, but ever since Matrix gave him a moderator warning for the use of dutch in his first post he stays away from any forums... Besides, he's too lazy to commit to pbem I gues. He insists on playing with automated workers...

Skyfish
13-11-2003, 18:45
[scratch]
Deity and automated workers : hmm...[ponder]

[no]

ProPain
13-11-2003, 22:49
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
I keep saying that, but ever since Matrix gave him a moderator warning for the use of dutch in his first post he stays away from any forums... Besides, he's too lazy to commit to pbem I gues. He insists on playing with automated workers...

He wont be modded here :) A dutch post might just be the long wanted excuse to use that great internet translation applet again [lol]

Shabbaman
14-11-2003, 08:11
Yeah... I bet you guys desperately want someone who plays with automated workers... Anyway, to get this thread back on track:

Who got Conquests?

Grille
14-11-2003, 10:49
I have it!
[jump]:D
Bought it yesterday and started a test game...
All that new stuff and changes made me feel inferior so I played regent...[:o]
(don't wanna be disturbed by the ai anyways)
My fav civs would have been Mayas or Sumerians, I let a coin decide in the end.
Picked the Sumerians, which have a warrior like UU (enkid... erm something like that -warrior), stats: ADM=1.2.1, cost=10, cannot build spears, traits: agricultural and scientific.
I say agricultural ROCKS big time! (probably my attitude changes as soon as I pick another trait...[lol])
Well, 1 irrigated grassland with game plus river side city equals settler factory.
Can irrigate desert and get 2 food, and that's in despotism (ir. oasis gives 3)!
Forest chopping takes 4 turns, yay!
Marsh lands suck (cannot settle there before clearing it, IIRC), clearing takes 16 turns (desp).
Min research is 50 turns and I've got already 2 SGL (game is still in the bc years - just reached the next era).[cool]
Rushed that ToA thingie and built a bunch of other wonders, looks like I could rely on a 20k victory (if that still counts, that is).
As I hit the middle ages, I clicked on 'the big picture', marked feudalism on the tech tree - and got it as free tech; dunno if that was coincidence or not. From Civ3 (w/o PTW), I used to get the tech (monoteism in most cases) as soon as I finished the last ancient tech, so I was a bit confused here.

Will continue tonite. Juhu!
:)

Shabbaman
14-11-2003, 11:02
Free tech is random with 1.21 or 1.29 or so. In my current game I got feudalism as well. Your 20k might be spoiled by the ToA: it's made obsolete with edu (or something like that) and all your ToA temples will disappear.

Tried the conquests yet?

Matrix
14-11-2003, 12:15
If I don't get Conquests for Sinterklaas, I'll buy it myself probably the second day after. :D
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
I keep saying that, but ever since Matrix gave him a moderator warning for the use of dutch in his first post he stays away from any forums...
Ooo, I'm a bad guy! [satan]

Intriguing that one little warning can scare people away forever. [rolleyes]

Grille
14-11-2003, 12:38
Free tech was not random (regarding an equal distribution of 'drawn' free techs), it was severly biassed towards monoteism, nationalism and rocketry in vanilla (1.29). Anyways, I've read it was *more or less* random in PTW (equaly distributed number from RNG), possibly it was also slightly biassed; that is, towards currently totally unknown techs (so you could "feed" scientific civs and rip off their free era tech which would have been unknown to you). Well, I've had just ONE era change and I wouldn't make any assumption regarding 'chosing the free tech', but this was a new experience at least.

About ToA: yeah, I know that the free temples vanish after edu, but the 20k city has an early hand-made temple as well and has built ToA (which gives 4cpt, I assume the whole ToA wonder does never vanish;)). In this regard, I will check if earlier built, "real" temples' age will be calculated correctly (logically, upkeep costs are zero for them atm) for the doubled cpt output.
I tend to agree that ToA might not be the key to a "100k" victory (it's not fixed to 100k anymore, but dependent on map size IIRC). But it was a ton of fun to observe all the expansion messages 5 turns after completing ToA.:)

Haven't tried the conquests yet. But I'm really overwhelmed with all that new stuff... wanna finish an epic game first to try out all the new *regular* features/changes (gov types, wonders...). And the conquests have special units and whatnot on top of that...
Btw, I did not dare to build the FP yet. I fear curruption increasing in the process.[scared]
Also, I'm still in despotism.[shabba]

Skyfish
14-11-2003, 13:40
Anybody who can get the game in Holland today or tomorrow better post on this thread PLEASE ! [groucho]

I called my regular suppplier of software (Scheltema boekhandel in Amsterdam) at 10h30 : they said the release date is today but the delivery truck had not shown up yet. The guy said if the release date was changed he would know it. He seemed confident it would come later today so he asked me to call back this afternoon [eek] [eek]

anarres
14-11-2003, 13:49
It has been delayed in the UK to the 21st. [rolleyes]

I really am pissed off, since some of europe seems to have it today!!!

[shout] IT'S THE SAME FUCKING CD!!!!

ERIKK
14-11-2003, 13:51
[lol] Scheltema sells games????

I used to buy my overprised books for my classes (university) over there... (near Spui that is)

digger760
14-11-2003, 14:01
Went down to Game at lunch...they only had the Gold Edition, they say they will have conquests on the 21st[cry]

Kemal
14-11-2003, 15:01
Checked with Dynabyte again, and they confirmed what was on their website, they expect release on the 1st of December. (But it could be even longer still...).

I also visited the Media Markt in Utrecht but they didn't have it there either. :(

Lt. Killer M
14-11-2003, 17:26
I am gladder than ever that sabo10 sends me the game....

ERIKK
15-11-2003, 11:57
Did someone in Holland got the game by now (15-11)? I was unable to buy it today (they did not have it).

col
15-11-2003, 16:18
It wasnt in the shops here today. I have ordered it via Amazon but their delievery date is 1 to 2 weeks....

Kingreno
15-11-2003, 17:42
Shops in Eindhoven told me that Sinterklaas (dec 6th) may even come too soon for conquests! that sucks...

anarres
15-11-2003, 18:42
col - Amazon's webpage is wrong. They don't have it, and it should have the new release date on it. I rang them up and told them several times to sort it out over the last week. [rolleyes]

Skyfish
15-11-2003, 18:51
Went to all the shops in Amsterdam today (6 of them!) and none have it...
Nobody knows where it is, only Dynabyte says they expect it December1st but when I pushed a bit more they said they had no idea when it would come actually: its still not in their central warehouse so the date they give is because once its in the central warehouse they get it 2 weeks later...that is why they say Dec 1st.
Two serious shops said that they expect it next week because if the release was 2 weeks late the distributor would tell them !
Like in the UK where they made public being one week late...
So there is still a bit of hope :(

Sween
15-11-2003, 22:57
i don't :(

Puwen
16-11-2003, 12:23
Woot just got it this minute......
Well my friends handwriting on it says its conquest anyhow...will see if it works when i get home tonight.

Pastorius
16-11-2003, 13:34
*Paalikles looks for the report post button*
Puwen - piracy is not allowed on on cfc. please read the forum rules...blablabla....

Oh wait.
This isnt cfc [:p]

Why on Earth would you want to rip the game???

I am still waiting for my game to arrive from cdon.com by mail.
Hopefully around tuesday or wednesday, but perhaps as long as friday
Ordered on friday, and they stated 2-5 days...and as I guess they're not working in weekends, I suppose anytime next week is likely

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Puwen:
Well my friends handwriting on it says its conquest anyhow...will see if it works when i get home tonight.

Ahem - I agree it might be a parcel, but then why would it have his friend's handwriting on it? and, assuming his computer works with both PTW and Civ3, why would he not be more or less certain that it would work?
I apologize for jumping to conclusions though
[sad]

Lt. Killer M
17-11-2003, 08:09
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

*Paalikles looks for the report post button*
Puwen - piracy is not allowed on on cfc. please read the forum rules...blablabla....

Oh wait.
This isnt cfc [:p]

Why on Earth would you want to rip the game???

a) why do you jump to conclusions - he may hold a parcel with US C3C that he cannot open at work because of the sturdy packing tape..... oh wait, this isn't CFC ;)
b) why would he pay for another buginfested, overpriced addition to Civ3 which mostly brings stuff that should have been in vanilla?

Shabbaman
17-11-2003, 11:35
Don't overreact killer...

I would have been satisfied if all this stuff was in ptw.

Darkness
18-11-2003, 09:01
[lol]

Aggie
20-11-2003, 01:27
So I can buy conquest and be one of the first in Holland when I'm back :(

ProPain
20-11-2003, 12:42
yeah, but if it's available in NZ alrdy, bring one for us also :)

anarres
20-11-2003, 15:28
C3C has arrived in the UK!!! (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1376275#post1376275)

Or at least according to some guy at CFC. I am telephoning around the shops now...

anarres
20-11-2003, 15:34
Game and PCWorld have it in the UK!!!

I'm going now....

ProPain
20-11-2003, 15:36
Time to call Dynabyte!

Called Dynabyte: They don't have it [aargh]

digger760
20-11-2003, 16:12
PCWorld in Dublin will not even answer the phone..bugger them i find them terrible for customer service and i refuse to buy anything there no matter what.

But Game have it so i'm leaving work early

EDIT:[dance] Said to myself all along that i was going to play wwII scenario first but end up playing mesopotomia..but only had an hour to play with it.

ProPain
20-11-2003, 16:18
MediaMarkt software department wont answer the phone [estwing][estwing][estwing][estwing]

My GF works close to the mediamarkt and is going over there to check if they have it[love]

Pastorius
20-11-2003, 16:19
I still havent found...what I am looking for....

err - what is it with these online firms - they ship something, and it takes ages to deliver....
According to CFC posts - c3c was in Norway since 10th - I checked all the stores I know of on the 14th and it was nowhere to be found. And this being in the capital (!) I am beginning to loose patience [aargh]

Plux
20-11-2003, 16:53
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Game and PCWorld have it in the UK!!!

I'm going now....
and those are the last words the world will hear from anarres for the next few days/weeks.. :D

ProPain
20-11-2003, 17:13
BTW anarres, are those Firaxis people so cheap you dont even get a free copy for participating in the beta?????

anarres
20-11-2003, 18:47
Well if you actually did a reasonable amount of stuff in the beta you get a signed disk...

I HAVE IT!!!

GreyFox
21-11-2003, 02:05
I got the game :)

Shabbaman
21-11-2003, 08:03
I've got it. A back up actually, but it does work as good as an original ;)

ProPain
21-11-2003, 10:10
Where did you get it?

Shabbaman
21-11-2003, 10:44
My sister got it for me.

Pastorius
21-11-2003, 15:02
GOT IT!
[dance]

ProPain
21-11-2003, 15:14
@shabba:

Although I think it's very nice your sister got it for you, I wanted to know WHERE you got it (or in this case she) not WHO got it.

Unless your sister can get me a copy of C3C too. BUt I suspect she won't go shopping for me too. :)

Shabbaman
21-11-2003, 15:17
[shabba]

Useful utility, msm ;)

Beam
22-11-2003, 13:55
Erikk just guided me to CDZ, so it is a little late to announce I have it for over a week now, thanks to a buy and fly by a friend of mine.

Great to be here btw!

ERIKK
22-11-2003, 14:32
Welcome Beam! :)

C3C has not yet arrived in stores in the Netherlands by the way!

anarres
22-11-2003, 14:52
Hey, hi there Beam! :)

For all the C3C'ers - here is a set of useful links....

Snoopy's Terrain Graphics v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C) (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68702)
Conquests version of watercolor terrain (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68080)
Civ3/PTW/Conquests popHead Mood Badges a la EvanCiv (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69133) (Happy/Contenet/Unhappy simley faces in city screen and F1)
GRAPHICS: New barb camp, goody hut, and mine (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12941)
C3C resources with labels & icons (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68971)

Shabbaman
22-11-2003, 17:30
Welcome beam. Always good to have some good players on board... PP & swingue, does it work? (no msm here so I'll use this thread as chatbox instead [shabba] )

WildFire
24-11-2003, 23:43
Got it.

Ribannah
29-11-2003, 01:43
Not sighted so far, but it really doesn't matter because it's hopelessly bugged. :(

Matrix
02-12-2003, 12:17
Yesterday I got an e-mail of Melissa Sawicki asking for confirmation that I still have the same address and e-mail address, because everyone who has made it to the credits will get Conquests, signed by them! There was a small tournament at the end of the beta testing period and they said the top X plus some random participations will get a copy. But that was Firaxis' doing; the credited beta testers are getting it from BreakAway Games.
http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/jump.gif

col
02-12-2003, 13:17
Got it - and after a bad moment editing the registry to get rid of Safethingy, got it installed and running

Beam
02-12-2003, 13:19
Great news col! So we can start our PBEM on Conquests if we want or alternatively use PTW.

Happy playing.

Plux
04-12-2003, 21:56
Yay! Just got home from work (late night shift), and guess what sinterklaas@amazon.com delivered today by snail mail!?!! Nice art work, I must say..

smalltalk
04-12-2003, 22:20
anarres, I notice, that you did not advertise ProPain's Save-your-Eyesight Mod.

Why is that so? [:p]

anarres
04-12-2003, 22:25
Because the resources are ugly! :D

Kingreno
04-12-2003, 22:28
Got it from bol.com, at the 2nd of denember.[:-)]