PDA

View Full Version : "Avalon"

Skyfish
09-11-2003, 15:21
Who has ever heard of a film called "Avalon" by the Japanese manga designer Mamoru Oshii ?

I saw it the other day and found it extremely good : a cult film for players like us.

However I was extremely disappointed in the end...or I did not understand it at all (its real hard to watch a movie with kids playing around ya know) : I probably missed a few key points.

Anybody seen it that can clue me in ? I did a search on Google for sites but there are just too many Avalon named shit...There seems to be no site dedicated to it.

Plux
09-11-2003, 17:44
DL-ing it now. thanks for the tip [goodjob]. I'll explain to you when I've seen it ;)

Grille
09-11-2003, 22:04
Sounds like a good movie.:)

For informations on movies in general, I like the 'internet movie database' - imdb.com;
here's Avalon:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267287/

*weird* film endings sometimes yield to various interpretations by some viewers, which then can be found on their message board (see links at the bottom of that page). I didn't access these links for Avalon because of potential spoiler risk... but may be you find some explanation there.

Skyfish
09-11-2003, 22:15
Thanks Grille !
I have now found 2 great sites in French talking about this movie, it confirmed what I was suspecting, its a
very good movie by the director of "Ghost in the Shell" (anybody seen that ? its an absolute must ...)
The ending is very artistic, just like the whole movie, but lets not spoil anyone, just check the movie out and lets talk about it !

smalltalk
17-11-2003, 23:13
Was looking for Conquests some day last week. Couldn't find it.

Being a great fan of science fiction, I settled for this movie.

Haven't watched it yet.

BTW, anyone has seen Cronenberg's eXistenZ? Which centers round a similar topic.

Skyfish
18-11-2003, 07:04
Great thx Smalltalk ! Check back here when u've seen it.

Plux had you any time to watch your downloaded movie ?